Getting sued

Help Support CattleToday:

i'd like a couple of them juicy melons for my pasture

Death by watermelon is no laughing matter. i know a man that dove off a bridge and broke his neck on a watermelon floating in the river.

We sure don't have to worry about that happening here. Our watermelons have the size alright, but the last three we cut open were full of dust! Maybe we could sell them for topsoil?

350lb pumpkin. thats no pumpkin in Tennessee. I lost a 1200lb heifer last year that was about ready to calve. I looked all over the farm. She was no where to be found. I had given up on finding her. I was in the pumpkin patch about a week later and found that she had eaten a hole in one of the pumpkins and gone inside and had a set of twins.

ctlbaron":3h6oh5ix said:
350lb pumpkin. thats no pumpkin in Tennessee. I lost a 1200lb heifer last year that was about ready to calve. I looked all over the farm. She was no where to be found. I had given up on finding her. I was in the pumpkin patch about a week later and found that she had eaten a hole in one of the pumpkins and gone inside and had a set of twins.

I bought a 3 for 1 Hereford cow about three years back. She had been a pet and the guy feed her watermelon he got from the trash at some produce place. He didn't have a load chute so I pulled out in the pasture and made a trail of watermelon up into the cattle trailer. She about mowed me over to get in that trailer. Funny though when I got her home she went nuts and tore down 2-3 fences. Turned wild. I think since I have had her I have only be able to pen her once. Oh well, she keeps having nice calves down in that far pasture.

ctlbaron":zq2yrjgq said:
Catlbaron, I have always thought you are a straight up guy. But please tell us...did you miss a meeting? :lol2:

Crowderfarms":yamzqcqj said:
ctlbaron":yamzqcqj said:
Catlbaron, I have always thought you are a straight up guy. But please tell us...did you miss a meeting? :lol2:

The old saw is true! The first liar doesn;t stand a chance!

dun

P1000262.jpg

Anybody got an idea for getting this pair off of this melon?

Ga Prime
Cows getting stuck on watermellons havn't been a problem. The mosquitos on the cattle normally carry them off. Just make sure you plant the melons away from the woods. In the woods the mosquito normally suck so much blood that the cattle just disappears.

The only problem we have down here is we have to keep our cows away from the lakes and ponds. The gators will swallow them whole and we have a hard time figuring out if the cow ran away or got ate. :lol:

Thats a good solid looking pair GA prime. The photo is great. Just proves my point.

Yeah, catlbaron they were solid from being scared stiff. I managed to roll some over-ripe peaches and figs up to that melon (had to pile 'em 2 or 3 deep) to cushion their fall and got 'em down that way. The pair seems ok now.

ctlbaron":9027o2av said:
I am being sued by the dairy farmer that lives in the holler below my hilltop farm. The kids have raised a watermelon patch and have done extreamly well with it. The wind got up the other day and blew one off the hill. It rolled down the hill and hit the corner of his milk barn and drounded 4 of his best milk cows. Can anyone suggest a lawyer that will take my case?
:shock: you are the biggest lyer i have ever herd from in my life

Latest posts