Get it X-ray'd or not

Help Support CattleToday:

If you would have felt sure, you wouldn't have went in, so it wasn't a waste. It's a small price now to ensure that you don't have bigger problems later.
Plus, you might have wasted more time babying it for multiple days. Now you know it's just pain and can get more out of it while working.

Glad to hear you're going to make it. :D

A bone bruise takes longer to heal then a broken bone. I dropped a 2# jar of peanut butter on top of my hand and thought I broke it. It was a bone bruise. Took a long time to quit hurting.

the fingers and joints and bones that hurt me now........

are generally the ones that I did NOT go to the doctor for back in the day......

I have a wrist that took a mighty lick once when a hand crank came out of my grip and the safety paul failed and the crank hit my wrist with a couple thousand pounds of weight on the load.....

I danced around and grimaced and held it for a while until it went numb and then went back to work....wrapped it up that night and never missed a minute of work....

want to guess how many doctors and procedures I have had in the last 20 years and where? and where the rheumatoid arthritis first showed up and what part of me hurts the worst when it does?

some times the man up and move on attitude will bite you right in the a$$.

have a knee that I hurt in a horse wreck when I was 17....never went to a doctor....want to guess where I have been limping for 40 years? how about how many times I have fallen in the last ten years because an ankle or knee just rolled and let me go...I have finally learned it is easier to try to control the fall and land well than it is to try to stay upright and tear up more stuff....

My best friend in high school was an offensive lineman....until he wrecked his knee and hip....back then we were all poor and his folks could not afford surgery any more than my folks could....he missed out on a football scholarship...he got to college anyway and became a vet in Michigan....have only seen him twice in forty years....wanna guess who had his hip replaced after limping around for twenty years or more...

Good. If you can say a bone bruise is good. I would have taken a good size bet that it was broken. Just proves I can be wrong. :D

One thing age has taught me. Those injuries come back on you when you get to be about 60. Those inflammations result in points of arthritis. Where I fractured that middle finger hurts everyday. Feels like I got a thorn in there. I have a place on the posterior surface of the scapula where I pulled the insertion of the trapezius muscle way back in 1984. It aches and gets stiff at the end of the day.

Man o man did you ever hit that nail on the head Ron. I thought I was a badass with a rock drill in my youth and now I am paying for it every time I have to use my hands a lot. The joints swell up almost every day. That 60 year mark is close for me. Mine all went to he[[ at around 63. Now it's both shoulders, a hip, a knee and both hands and wrists.

BTW I have found the MJ salve to be very effective for topical pain relief on my hands and shoulders........

Well, we were digging some water lines today and something popped in my hand. All of a sudden it feels a lot better. Full range of motion with a little tenderness. It feels a little swollen inside but at least it's better. Maybe the docs missed it being dislocated or something. Who knows.

Hook":20gcotvk said:
Four hour wait at the urging care! Unbelievable! Nothing broken just bruised the bone real bad

You will probably be shocked when you get that bill-$100 is way too cheap

Your hand didn't look too bad, i got kicked by a cow once right by my thumb swelled up fast and quick and hurt like heck-but general rule is if you can move it and your fingers it isn't broken-I'm cheap, didn't go to the doctor in a few days it was just a bunch of pretty colors

Last year a 300 pound calf stepped on the toe next to my big toe, hurt for about a month, when i went to my doctor I had her look at it, and she said being she could touch it and bend it no way was it broken, she could do x-rays-but it would probably be a waste of my money-in a few weeks the pain passed and all better-lesson is wear steel toed boots dealing with calves, rubber boots don't do jack

Toes can be moved when they are broken and may not even hurt at first..
The 'first' one I broke was on the mat when I had a guy in a hold down in a judo match. It stuck out at an odd angle that a toe normally doesn't, or can't, go in.
I wasn't about to let the guy go so I just tried to not dig in the mat with that toe.
Not much you can do except tape it to the one next to it and hobble for a few days and get a loose fitting shoe if it swells up.

Latest posts