Gelbvieh roll call

Help Support CattleToday:

double v

Reaction score
How many on here use or breed gelbvieh/balancer cattle reg or commercial? Please include your location if you want... :cboy:

I have four reg. black Gelbvieh cows. They are bred to calve in the spring to a Polled Hereford bull. I raised a Balancer Bull from one of the cows. He's a Frontman R001 son. Got some heifers I my or my not keep out of those cows as well. Eastern KS. B&G

We started with "Balancers" before the had the catchy name, back then they were just F1 Gelbvieh Red Angus. Still have a few dedcendents of one of those and use a Gelbvieh bull AI on some of the commercial cows that don;t have any Gelbvieh in them.

We started with a balancer bull from Thousand Oaks ranch in Texas seven years ago and have since purchased a Gelbvieh and another balancer. Most of the herd is Gelbvieh influenced by now.

I bought a balancer bull this last year and have two more reserved for this year. I AI'd a few cows to Carolina Fortune a couple of years ago but sold all of the calves.

I raise registered Gelb and Balancer cattle. I also use them in my commercial herd. I'm in Tennessee.

I had a couple of Gelbvieh cows. One was called a Gelbvieh but looked different to the other one. The one that looked different calved every 9 months and I have heifers from her. The other one was too protective and dangerous with a new born calf so she has gone and so far I haven't had any problems with her progeny.

Thes have been put to a Bazadais bull and the calves are wonderful and if female have no horns. The Bazadais make the Gelbvieh beefier and the Gelbvieh makes the Bazadais taller.

In the process of building a commercial herd of balancers. Currently on the waiting list for a AI course at Middle Tennessee University in March. I'm located in Georgia 15 minutes South of Chattanooga.

Hubby bought a Balancer bull... son of SAV Net Worth. First calves are now yearlings. Good growthy buggers! Northwest Minnesota

Gelbvieh influence in most of my commercial cattle. My continental breed of choice for making 2 and 3 way cross cows. Located SD.

I have one Gelbvieh and one balancer bull that I use on my almost PB Angus cows. Best cattle decision I have made, thanks to Hoss. I'm in Chester county TN.

Been breeding Gelbvieh since the 80s. Used a lot of Vallahalla bulls and Broken Fork out of Colorado. Good cattle.

i have a few registered cows along with a few reg angus to make balancers,mostly commercial,raise a few bulls for sale,most are for my use though, i am in south dakota

Latest posts