Red Gelbvieh cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

I have made the decision to move my herd towards being mostly red, Gelbvieh/Balancers. It's a personal preference for me. Thought I would show some of the genetics I'll be using.
View attachment 2157View attachment 2158View attachment 2159View attachment 2160View attachment 2161

If you are introducing red genetics that is a darn good line up to start with! Especially that 2nd bull but then again I am a tad bit biased.
Can you please let us know the genetics of each animal eg, name and tattoo, I really like your heifers.

Last edited:
My thought is if you want a Gelbievh that looks like a Red Angus cut your bull calves and call Beckton or another R A Breeder.
Actually I think you are making a good move provided you don't try to make 1700 lb behemoths out of the cows.

I have made the decision to move my herd towards being mostly red, Gelbvieh/Balancers. It's a personal preference for me. Thought I would show some of the genetics I'll be using.
View attachment 2157View attachment 2158View attachment 2159View attachment 2160View attachment 2161
From your profile name, I take it that you raise, or have been raising , Ultrablacks? Just curious...why have you decided to go red? Basically, if you are in NE Ala, you are in the same demographics as me in NW Ga.. the capital of black cattle. Do you or will you have Brangus, Angus and/or Ultrablack cattle for sale? Have you had bad experiences with these, that you feel going to red cattle would eliminate? Or improve? And I agree with others that have commented.. the cattle in these pics look great!

From your profile name, I take it that you raise, or have been raising , Ultrablacks? Just curious...why have you decided to go red? Basically, if you are in NE Ala, you are in the same demographics as me in NW Ga.. the capital of black cattle. Do you or will you have Brangus, Angus and/or Ultrablack cattle for sale? Have you had bad experiences with these, that you feel going to red cattle would eliminate? Or improve? And I agree with others that have commented.. the cattle in these pics look great!
When I was first getting started, I bought an Ultrablack bull. That's where the name came from. Myself and a friend didn't have much luck with the Brangus/Ultrablacks. I'm not knocking them, just my experience.
I've been raising Gelbvieh/Balancers for several years now. I've seen the demand for the good Red females. That will probably be my target market.

These are the two bulls I have right now. One 75/25 balancer and one purebred gel. Best conception rates we've ever had on whatever cows we put them on. I think you'll be very pleased. We always had a lot of demand for our heifers. Steers brought top dollar as well, but not enough premium in my opinion to make a difference. We had a load of them though, so we weren't getting killed at the barn by BWF buyers.
We stumbled into the backgrounding business last year, so these guys are kinda hanging around looking for work at the moment.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZZjd1JXtRAusaGnS7