Gelbvieh Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Massey135":3aqaez28 said:
ALACOWMAN":3aqaez28 said:
i am curious though,, how can a Gelbvieh be black ??? when their name means yellow.. not that i care but i bet the germans spit when we say black gelbvieh :cowboy:

Same way limms, simms, maines, chis, beefmasters, hereford, and Chars are.. they're bred up to w/e % the assoc deems ad 'purebred.'

I'm sure they feel the same as I do when someone starts going on about crossbred bulls..

You're gonna be blown away when you see a new pic of this bull :cboy:
the new picture aint showing up for me, for some reason :cowboy:

IMAG0851-1-1.jpg

IMAG0852-1.jpg

Sired 47 calves. Zero assisted.

IMAG0861-2.jpg

My best commercial cow - grade red Angus - and her red 'Balancer' bull calf.

IMAG0868.jpg

First set of twins I've ever had . Out of a 3yr old Cow.

ALACOWMAN":3k08r14x said:
that is suppose to blow me away :shock:

No not in general, but I said that in response to you posting the link to him as a yrling.
I don't think the bull is exceptional in any way besides as a heifer bull. He sure did his job there.

Not very impressive with his calves. My first time heifers have better calves....I think you needs better bull that do his job. This bull don't do his job.

I'm lost too, SS. I've read everyone of Taurus' post and its obvious he's a role player. Some of his post are legible, others are like this one. As if somehow speaking like an illiterate idiot gains 'cattle credibility.' ALA suffers from this from time to time as well. I believe ALA knows cattle, though. That's what puzzles me the most.

Massey135":156dsn32 said:
I'm lost too, SS. I've read everyone of Taurus' post and its obvious he's a role player. Some of his post are legible, others are like this one. As if somehow speaking like an illiterate idiot gains 'cattle credibility.' ALA suffers from this from time to time as well. I believe ALA knows cattle, though. That's what puzzles me the most.
that all that matters to me,, to quit school in the ninth grade.. i get along ok :cowboy:

Massey, Weren't you also the dummy that was going to cross shorthorn and angus and cover it with a char and call it a black influenced calf??? You can't even figure out how to get black on the first cross using a black bull but you think you're going to do it once you add in a char? And yes, I realise that the calf in that picture is not the cross you're thinking of doing, I'm just pointing out that you don't know what you're doing. :D

A smoke/silver colored calf is as much black influenced as it is char influenced.

All true Black Angus are homozygous black - all Black Gelbvieh are not.

Fine. Go try it... Let us all know how it works out with your perfect silver calves. :lol: BIIIG diferance between how things work in academia and how they work in practice.

Massey135":1c2acmxe said:
dun":1c2acmxe said:
Massey135":1c2acmxe said:
All true Black Angus are homozygous black - all Black Gelbvieh are not.
Except for the red carrier ones
Hence the word 'true.'
Since they all started from the same foundation and it was only on a whim that the reds were excluded. Homozygous black angus are homozygous black but treu black angus also carry red.

cow pollinater":36cc2ol7 said:
Fine. Go try it... Let us all know how it works out with your perfect silver calves. :lol: BIIIG diferance between how things work in academia and how they work in practice.
people have bred Chars over black baldies for yrs. What's makes you think this cross is any different? Color wise..

Two pink noses in the equation. At least one red carrier and maybe two...maybe even three in the equation.
It's not a bad cross by any stretch of the imagination whether it's shorthorn/angus or hereford/angus but only an idiot would say that the calf is black influenced.
You can read and figure all you want... When it gets sold he buyer will call it what it really is.

Massey135":1fwdzwfo said:
ALACOWMAN":1fwdzwfo said:
Massey135[u:1fwdzwfo said:
":1fwdzwfo]Wait till I get a pic of mine Sunday. [/u]And he's smooth shouldered to boot!
on pins and needles already , is he angular like you like em
No, that's prolly why I'm not a huge fan of the breed. I've said this before, his heifers are too coarse made; not feminine enough for my liking. He's real similar to HDs bull. Her's prolly longer bodied, mine a much better hip. Same straight rear wheels.

YOU are completely delusional . Your pic of the yearling would have ,should have been steered ! . The fact that you even compared him to hillsdowns pics of her yearling bull is pathetic !

Latest posts