geese in pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
brother came by to hay an feed the cows real quick.an then he came back in the house wanting us to look at some geese that appear tobe lost here close to the house.i guess they cant get their bearing so they can fly out of here.

bigbull338":25cn3e3w said:
brother came by to hay an feed the cows real quick.an then he came back in the house wanting us to look at some geese that appear tobe lost here close to the house.i guess they cant get their bearing so they can fly out of here.

Known by many as a "Target Rich Environment"

3waycross":b2pzhk3w said:
bigbull338":b2pzhk3w said:

Known by many as a "Target Rich Environment"

Ever seen one hit with a 300 Win?

My all-time favorite was with a 220 Swift though, kind of like somebody set off a cherry bomb that was covered in goose feathers. Very cool.

3waycross":1flil3d7 said:
GEEEEZ and to think I felt bad about ground swattin one with a 10ga once.

There's been times we've had between 200 and 300 here, gets real old when they won't move out the way of the feed truck. Haven't seen as many the last few years, guess word's gettin around in the goose community. Got one with a 44 mag Super Redhawk one time, nowhere near as spectacular as I'd hoped for.

Seems like they only migrate as far as they have to. We have had quite a few small bunches coming thru here, looking for open ground to feed on.

The neighbor had one that hung around last winter after the rest of them moved on and would sit on top of their car all day, day after day, for 4 or 5 weeks. Run her off and she would go right back as soon as they went in the house. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

We have so many here that they removed the bag limit on them by conservation order for the last several years. They will absolutely ruin a wheat field.

I see some going south in the winter but they never land. Pretty neat to see the "V" formation, they are real high and you can hear them honk a lot. Wonder what they talk about way up there ? :lol:

ROCKSPRINGS":1jadtvoz said:
I see some going south in the winter but they never land. Pretty neat to see the "V" formation, they are real high and you can hear them honk a lot. Wonder what they talk about way up there ? :lol:
I'd say 'Hey where can we land and have a feed, without getting our heads blown off' Goose is quite nice with a few roast potatoes, so why blast them to bits and waste all that good goose meat and fat to roast with.?

chrisy":22uztbsv said:
ROCKSPRINGS":22uztbsv said:
I'd say 'Hey where can we land and have a feed, without getting our heads blown off' Goose is quite nice with a few roast potatoes, so why blast them to bits and waste all that good goose meat and fat to roast with.?

With the exception of the Speckle Belly , nost wild geese are not as flavourful as what you are used to Chrisy.

With the exception of the Speckle Belly , nost wild geese are not as flavourful as what you are used to Chrisy.[/quote]

Yes sir! Those snows are alot more fun to shoot than they are to clean and eat! Now a specklebelly is about as good a bird as you can eat.

Latest posts