Gas station biscuits

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":kka170t5 said:
Like all pundits, there were holes in his arguments. Interesting concept, but too much talking and circling around the issue.

Curiosity peaked....care to share your observations of the holes, circling, etc?
I felt it was a VERY generalized, common sense advice type of piece. Basic things you should learn real early in life...like treat others with respect, until they give you a reason not to..for example. Curious what you got out of it..im speculating, but I'm sure it was too generic and generalized for my good friend Ron. He prefers specifics..and now he has me focusing more on them.

bball":1ozlohsg said:
Bestoutwest":1ozlohsg said:
Like all pundits, there were holes in his arguments. Interesting concept, but too much talking and circling around the issue.

Curiosity peaked....care to share your observations of the holes, circling, etc?
I felt it was a VERY generalized, common sense advice type of piece. Basic things you should learn real early in life...like treat others with respect, until they give you a reason not to..for example. Curious what you got out of it..im speculating, but I'm sure it was too generic and generalized for my good friend Ron. He prefers specifics..and now he has me focusing more on them.

Fair enough. He spent 50 seconds on the description of the biscuit, describing its appearance and taste several times when 1 or 2 descriptors would have been sufficient. It took him 1 minute and 25 seconds to get to the point of his video, and the video was only 2 minutes and 11 seconds long. As for the holes? It was his statue video that got me. I tried it, gave it an open minded shot. Honestly, I can see both sides of the statue argument for wanting to keep them and remove them. Personally, I feel they should never have been erected and were a general "Up Yours" aimed at several populations. BUT! If the world were to remove all statues of people considered to be tyrannical, Europe would have to remove every ode to any monarch b/c they ruled through sheer terror and tyranny. But I digress-back to the video. His attack on the artwork was justified. I absolutely enjoy fine art, can appreciate it with the best of them. But there are some things that are considered art that should just be turned out into the garbage bin, and I agree that at times, "high" art is done to offend. A cheap parlor trick to garner attention on the part of a hack. But when he starts in on the Christian persecution, that's where he looses me. It's a comparison used to elicit a sympathetic reaction from his audience who is, shockingly, white, straight, conservative Christians who will feel moved by that. It's no different than someone invoking feelings about segregation or slavery to stir the emotions of the crowd that they are talking to. I just felt it was a cheap parlor trick, like offensive art, that is no better than any other pundit who uses something similar to garner support from the audience.

Bestoutwest":nbudfglu said:
bball":nbudfglu said:
Bestoutwest":nbudfglu said:

Fair enough. He spent 50 seconds on the description of the biscuit, describing its appearance and taste several times when 1 or 2 descriptors would have been sufficient. It took him 1 minute and 25 seconds to get to the point of his video, and the video was only 2 minutes and 11 seconds long. As for the holes? It was his statue video that got me. I tried it, gave it an open minded shot. Honestly, I can see both sides of the statue argument for wanting to keep them and remove them. Personally, I feel they should never have been erected and were a general "Up Yours" aimed at several populations. BUT! If the world were to remove all statues of people considered to be tyrannical, Europe would have to remove every ode to any monarch b/c they ruled through sheer terror and tyranny. But I digress-back to the video. His attack on the artwork was justified. I absolutely enjoy fine art, can appreciate it with the best of them. But there are some things that are considered art that should just be turned out into the garbage bin, and I agree that at times, "high" art is done to offend. A cheap parlor trick to garner attention on the part of a hack. But when he starts in on the Christian persecution, that's where he looses me. It's a comparison used to elicit a sympathetic reaction from his audience who is, shockingly, white, straight, conservative Christians who will feel moved by that. It's no different than someone invoking feelings about segregation or slavery to stir the emotions of the crowd that they are talking to. I just felt it was a cheap parlor trick, like offensive art, that is no better than any other pundit who uses something similar to garner support from the audience.
So now that you have had your rant, move on as he suggest be done.

Bright Raven":gmjf00rm said:
farmerjan":gmjf00rm said:
Yes I did take his video seriously. I did not get on a soapbox, I simply expressed an opinion that actually was similiar to his. Get OVER IT, take responsibility for your own self, and go on from there.

I need to listen again. I didn't hear anything about statues, race, etc. However, in keeping with what I got from the message, I am moving on.

I moved clear over to the next town, and unfortunately they have soapboxes there too.

Latest posts