Gas prices

Help Support CattleToday:

dj":cs023u8s said:
E85 is $1.999 in Marshell,MO and $2.40 in Columbia,MO
I'm thinking about trading for an flexible fuel vehicle.

Campground wouldn't this ease the strain on the refinerys

EPA annouced today they are backing some of the regulations on gasoline which will help.

Campground Cattle":1eflh2j5 said:
EPA annouced today they are backing some of the regulations on gasoline which will help.

So does that mean that the loss of a few weeks worth of production off the gulf coast scare some sense into them?

just drove past the filling station closest to my office and the price for the cheap stuff was $2.999.

Heard from a client that over in Mountain Home about 2.5 hours east that they are out of gas.

Usually, along the state line (AR/OK) where we live the price of gas is about 10 cents cheaper than in Fayetteville where I work. Something in the tax code about competition with neighboring states. I don't think it's going to make much difference where you live everyone's going to get hit.

The big question is like a couple of others have asked: what's this going to do to the price other necessities? How many jobs is it going to end up costing? I read another report that said that the housing boom may have hit it's peak. Not that I am for more housing developments especially in our area but higher prices on necessary items mean that people quit spending...

In the late 70's in Northern Indiana in the midst of the recession the jobless rate was unbelieveably high. No one was buying RV's to speak of and so many people were in need. I remember at least two stories that got my attention. One was of a single father and young son that had no where to go. Had been evicted by their landlord and they were sleeping in a doghouse. Don't know where they went during the day but I remember the story on the evening news. This was before the law to protect the very young and the elderly. Someone came forward and gave them a place to stay and help the father find a job.

The second story was much sadder. As I recall a father left a suicide note saying the reason that he took his life was so that his family would have enough money to make the mortgage payments and have food to eat. I don't remember if the insurance actually paid up seeing as it was what it was.

Sorry to be so long winded.

I feel for everyone seeing those high gas prices, this morning I paid $2.55 a gal to fill my truck. I'm sure it won't take long for the price up here to catch up with everyone else.

Since history usually repeats itself...

If you need any steel, building materials you better get them now while they are still available and cost is within reason. Hard to imagine the crunch in the next few months on availability of construction lumber, plywood, drywall, etc. Also, concrete. Also if you use propane, better fill up tank now...

Gas in Wellington was up to $2.69 for "regular" unleaded, premium at $2.89, diesel for $2.64. With labor day weekend coming up all of us can expect to pay minimum of $3.00 for gas & diesel.

It'll only get worse over the coming weeks, months. Not being pessimistic...just realistic probabilities.

made it to town today and filled my truck up 30 gal of diesel $2.89
a gal, also as stated in a prior post filled a 55 gal barrel with reg unleaded $2.99 first time in a while i have seen diesel cheaper than regular unleaded!
talked to my banker today about floating a loan just to keep cars trucks, tractors etc in fuel, she said "pa, ya don't have enough cattle to offer as collaterial" dad gummed kids!! i would take her outta my will but after buying that gas today ain't nothing to leave her anyway!!!!
any one out there know of a goverment type grant or hand out to keep a poor old farmer/rancher from going off the deep end!!!
send all donations to memanpa!!!!!
just kidding folks
been thru worse times than this!! will weather this storm better than those poor folks that got bit by that storm!! i at least still have a place to live!!! god bless em!!!

O now cheer up mr. SCFarms. just thank God and your lucky stars that you and your brangus calfs dont live about 150 miles east and that your not still tredding water or a lot worse. besides if you want to go showing your calfs all over the country side then all you gotta do is find your most sorry looking old cow and sell her . to hear you tell it you would get $1500 easy for her. prolly get even a lot more then 1500 since your cows got all that big name blood runnin threw there vanes right? then you could by all the gas you need and still have mony left over to make a nice gift to the red cross to help the people that have a real problem dont you think?

Ive had several people tell me that on Sept 10 that no one is to buy gasoline. People are working together to boycott the high prices. Supposedly this is also on the internet.

cope, this is the message i got...

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT
AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Latest posts