How high will gas go this summer?

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Hobby rancher
Reaction score
With all due respect I would like to add a twist to the discussion. Based on the price you think gas (fuel if you will) is going to be,
what, if any, actions are you taking to address the issue? Thanks for those offered so far!
Fence, welding,land clearing, tractor/skidsteer services and hay are all going up. ... that how it works.

KAstocker

Reaction score
With all due respect I would like to add a twist to the discussion. Based on the price you think gas (fuel if you will) is going to be,
what, if any, actions are you taking to address the issue? Thanks for those offered so far!
Investing in a company tied to the oil industry would've been a good idea while it was still cheap.

greybeard

Reaction score
Investing in a company tied to the oil industry would've been a good idea while it was still cheap.
Humble Oil/Exxon/XOM continuously, since 1967. It wasn't exactly cheap even back in the '60s-70s considering what the average wage was back then, but has paid good dividends and has 2:1 split numerous of times.
Father told me when I was 16, to invest in something people use or need every day or every week, not once every few months or years, and gave brother and I one share each Humble Oil stock for our 16th birthday. I followed that pattern ever since. I bought quite a bit of Exxon in the early 80s for less than $5/share.
Gas is $2.24 here. Early Feb (before the freeze) it was $2.12.

D2Cat

Reaction score
Humble Oil/Exxon/XOM continuously, since 1967. It wasn't exactly cheap even back in the '60s-70s considering what the average wage was back then, but has paid good dividends and has 2:1 split numerous of times.
Father told me when I was 16, to invest in something people use or need every day or every week, not once every few months or years, and gave brother and I one share each Humble Oil stock for our 16th birthday. I followed that pattern ever since. I bought quite a bit of Exxon in the early 80s for less than $5/share.
Gas is $2.24 here. Early Feb (before the freeze) it was $2.12.

Be thankful your Father taught you some financial principles at a young age. There are folks who have a degree in finance and still can't figure out-- when your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep becomes your downfall.

Latest posts