Gas prices

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
I have seen something today that I have never seen before in my life! Gas has reached a all time high at 2.83 a gallon today. I don't know what to do. We might have to both start riding motorcycles to work or something. Slight problem 3 children. Any suggestions?
Greenwillows Wife

I just fill up tonight for $2.65 here. Everyone is saying that it is going up 20 cents by morning because of the hurricane, so I guess we will be at $2.85 in the morning :(

The news is also saying it will go up another 20 cents by morning on top of what it already is now. That would make it 3.03 a gallon! My mother in law called and said it was 3.03 in Tulsa already( some lady told her) Not sure about it, I have not seen it yet and sometimes things can get going like that and not be true. This will make groceries, and everything else go up, except our paychecks. :mad:
Greenwillows Wife

It was still 2.49 - 2.55 here along the AR/OK state line tonight when I filled both vehicles.

A friend told me if at all possible to not buy from exxon or mobile since they will be the highest priced.

Guess we are going to have to be shopping Harps and Price Cutter to get cents off at the pump. :mad:

2.97 here and I am just about ready to have my wife ride a horse to work, I would supply all the hay and water , shelter etc... for the day at the office to squezze a few pennies out of the money guzzlin oil tycoons, weasels :mad:

agggghhhhhh this is so ridiculous

any way we can protest this or or something geez!!!

who would have thought youd have to mortgage off a cow to go to fill the gas tank

What would you expect when we are short of refining capacity already and 30% more is shut down due to a storm a surplus of gasoline. When you finally get enough you need to get the EPA out of the way and start hollering for more refineries to be built.

E85 is $1.999 in Marshell,MO and $2.40 in Columbia,MO
I'm thinking about trading for an flexible fuel vehicle.

Campground wouldn't this ease the strain on the refinerys

dj":ji5qbq03 said:
E85 is $1.999 in Marshell,MO and $2.40 in Columbia,MO
I'm thinking about trading for an flexible fuel vehicle.

Campground wouldn't this ease the strain on the refinerys

I have the flex fuel vehicle, but can't get the E85 in the middle of corn country. :(

Campground Cattle":1nge8zfo said:
What would you expect when we are short of refining capacity already and 30% more is shut down due to a storm a surplus of gasoline. When you finally get enough you need to get the EPA out of the way and start hollering for more refineries to be built.

We have the same refining capacity that we had when gas was $1.75. The price hike is based on the cost of OIL, not a lack of refining capacity.

Frankie":2zbb5wli said:
Campground Cattle":2zbb5wli said:

We have the same refining capacity that we had when gas was $1.75. The price hike is based on the cost of OIL, not a lack of refining capacity.
but the reason it's $1.75 instead of $.75 is the refining capacity

Frankie":2rwse2kb said:
Campground Cattle":2rwse2kb said:

And Frankie your stupidty keeps showing as we don't due to incidents earlier this year. A 100,000 barrels per day was lost then, thats 4 million gallons a day and now this. Better stick to epd's.

Jake":2xgxcaxm said:
Frankie":2xgxcaxm said:
Campground Cattle":2xgxcaxm said:

but the reason it's $1.75 instead of $.75 is the refining capacity

Supply and demand Jake it's that easy. Just watch the news it's not about oil its about refining capacity we are out. It is that simple everyone wants cheap electricity but not a nuclear power plant cheap fuel but no refinery. The newest refinery in this country is under water right now built in the late 70's. 250,000 barrels a day. Exxon Baton Rogue can't get oil in 400,000 BPD refinery and so on.

It is totally amazing at how many people can understand the commodities market on cattle not on oil and gasoline.

haven't been to town for a week or so and all this talk of fuel prices has me scared to go!
main truck need filled up 35 gal diesel
was planning on filling a 55 gal drum with regular fuel for things around here!
guess i had better see if i can find some belgian work horses for sale and put the tractors and such to sleep!!!!!!!!!!
come to think of it that is not such a bad idea, lots quietier! less smog ( unless you count the occasionall OPPS)
i know of a guy that has a lot of used horse drawn equiptmnet for sale maybe i can make a trade. a tractor for use horse drawn stuff!!!!
the longer i think about it the more i like it!
will take a lot longer to get anything done but then i would have an excuse to tell mema!!
hon i have to harness them critters, hook up and then go to work that is why i didn't get that HONEY DO done today!
LOOK OUT for her left hook!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

The news said today that gas was 2.99 a gallon in Oklahoma city. It is averaging aroung 2.75 here. Just think how much it takes you to mow your yard now :shock: It might pay to have someone mow it until there prices has to go up to. I wonder if the gas prices will go down or not. If not what will our price of bread be in a years time. Is there something we as the command people can do to bring it down or not?
Greenwillows wife

yeah i might be putting up a hot wire right around the house to keep the cows out of poisonous plants...its only going to get higher too. i suggest you fill up now even if it is high. its still in the 2.70s here. might be a good time to be in the horse business...

oh yeah i forgot to mention that my town is OUT OF GAS.

Howdy,
Northern Virginia area

Last night (8/29/05) is was $2.49 here.
This morning it was $2.52, and as of this evening 7pm, it is now $2.69. I am sure it will continue going up. I am sure glad I filled my diesel tank about a month ago. Only used about 100 gallons so far. I thought that was expensive then at $1.62