WHEAT planted:
2005 = 23.1
2006 = 16.4
2007 = 18.2

WHEAT Harvested
2005 = 13.6
2006 = 12.5
2007 = 14.5
I can only assume you want to talk acres again so lets do that. You can find these figures on page 18 of both documents. In case nobody is there to read it to you.

Wheat planted:
2005 = 57.2 million acres
2006 = 57.3 million acres
2007 = 60.4 million acres

Wheat harvested:
2005 = 50.1 million acres
2006 = 46.8 million acres
2007 = 51 million acres.

As you can see planted acres of wheat has increased all three of the last consecutive years.
Explain away.

somn,
Hold on there a minute slick!
Where are your mannors?
When I asked you a question I expect an answer or this conversation is going no where.
Repeat 1:
by Sir Loin on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:10 am
And might I suggest you look into yield numbers instead of planted numbers as a lot of "planted" wheat is used for hay and pasture especially in times of drought and not all years have the same yield per acre.

Do you now agree my statement is true?
SL

Sir Loin":1q2di3ue said:
somn,
Hold on there a minute slick!
Where are your mannors?
When I asked you a question I expect an answer or this conversation is going no where.
Repeat 1:
by Sir Loin on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:10 am
And might I suggest you look into yield numbers instead of planted numbers as a lot of "planted" wheat is used for hay and pasture especially in times of drought and not all years have the same yield per acre.

SL
I don't care what the yield per acre is. You claimed wheat prices were higher because less wheat was being palnted and more corn was being planted in its place because the producers were chasing ethanol profits.

I've have repeatedly given you documentation of increased wheat plantings not less. Next your going to tell me the reason less acres of wheat are harvested than planted is because ethanol somehow changes the weather and growing conditions for wheat right?

VanC":3ug8pf1j said:
Give him time, somn. He's googling like a madman right now trying to find something to dig him out of another hole. :lol: :lol:
I usually overlook his posts but it seems he might be even faster with the paintbrush than TexasBred and mnmtranching combined.

somn,
Thank you for doing as I ask you in the first place.
As I said before, go get the bushels/tons harvested figures for the last 3 consecutive year's harvested and I will explain it to you. url please.
Lesson 1 on following directions and reading comprehension.

2005 total wheat yield 42 bu per acre
2006 total wheat yield 38.7 bu per acre
2007 total wheat yield 40.5 bu per acre.

Wheat planted:

Wheat harvested:
2007 = 51 million acres.

I will accept those figures. Thank you.
Repeat 3.
SL

Sir Loin":32e4msfb said:
somn,
Thank you for doing as I ask you in the first place.
As I said before, go get the bushels/tons harvested figures for the last 3 consecutive year's harvested and I will explain it to you. url please.
Lesson 1 on following directions and reading comprehension.

2005 total wheat yield 42 bu per acre
2006 total wheat yield 38.7 bu per acre
2007 total wheat yield 40.5 bu per acre.

Wheat planted:

Wheat harvested:
2007 = 51 million acres.

I will accept those figures. Thank you.
Repeat 3.
SL
I've already stated I don't care what the yield for wheat is. You blamed ethanol for higher wheat prices. You stated it was a result of less wheat being planted and more corn being planted I've given you more than enough proof of increased wheat acres not less. Now you want to talk yield. Did ethanol somehow change the weather and growing conditions for wheat thus resulting in a lower wheat yield? Just relax Sir Loin sit back in the corner with what is left of unpainted floor let the paint dry and walk across it when dry. No sense in continuing to make a fool of yourself.

Sir Loin":2stzig6e said:

SL
Was this drought a direct result of an ethanol plant somwhere.

somn,
Was that a yes or no?
Repeat 4.

SL

somn":2tn5livp said:
Sir Loin":2tn5livp said:

SL
Was this drought a direct result of an ethanol plant somwhere.

Sir Loin":mbr3dwd0 said:
somn,
Was that a yes or no?
Repeat 4.

SL
Did you say the price of wheat was higher as a result of less wheat being planted and more corn being planted or did you say wheat was higher because less acres were harvested?

somn,
OK son, it's over, and your back on my ignore list.
Have a nice night. :wave:
Next batter!
SL

Sir Loin":22s0mfgw said:
the supply of wheat went down because US farmers planted (ethanol) corn to maximize their profits instead of planting wheat.

SL

SL
Let me see if I understand you correctly you think wheat is high priced on account of less wheat being planted and more corn. After it becomes apparent that there has actually been more acres of wheat planted in the last 3 years now you want to blame it on yield reduction as a result of a drought.
Does ethanol control the weather? You haven't yet blamed ethanol for a change in weather but I'm sure thats coming. But so far you have established in your own words that drought lowers yield. So then we must assume we can look into your last comment quoted.
It's simple supply side economics. When the supply goes down the price goes up.
SL
So make up your mind did supply go down because of ethanol or drought. We know wheat acres went up. So either you are now admitting that ethanol can cause a drought thus leading to decreased wheat yield or a natural occuring drought lowers yield thus reducing the supply of wheat.

Sir Loin":1ujbvvzt said:
somn,
OK son, it's over, and your back on my ignore list.
Have a nice night. :wave:
Next batter!
SL
Next batter what did you do intentionally walk me instead of pitching to me. Are you scared or just humiliated.

mwj,
Re:
Sir loin you never did get back to me on that cheap corn in Brazil you were thinking about. They use no corn to speak of in there ethanol so they have ''feed corn'' prices
I didn't know I was thinking about it.
What was your question again?

Re:
. By the way why do you think corn was over a dollar in 61. Grown men were working for a little over a buck an hour. Figures out to over $7 a bushel in todays prices.
Good lord my man, I sleep since then and I was only a little shaver chasing beaver in my 357 chev. so I really wasn't paying attention to corn, except for parking.
You tell me!
SL

somn":1tee3z5e said:
VanC":1tee3z5e said:
Give him time, somn. He's googling like a madman right now trying to find something to dig him out of another hole. :lol: :lol:
I usually overlook his posts but it seems he might be even faster with the paintbrush than TexasBred and mnmtranching combined.

You don't have to be to fast to keep ahead of old Somn. :lol:

mnmtranching":3htkafto said:
somn":3htkafto said:
VanC":3htkafto said:

Anytime you think you can prove me wrong with any type of documentation fire away. Now then tell us all again about how roundup wears off. Then tell me about how many acres of total wheat there was again in the 2007 crop year. For awhile I thought you were getting smarter you would throw the grenade then run looks like now you want to stand around and watch it blowup in your face again. When you paint yourself into corners do you use a brush or a roller. Because you do a awfully good job of it. A person would think after painting themselves in a corner enough times they would learn to paint towards the door but not you. You head directly to the corner with your back to the wall.

mnmtranching":3a00evkb said:
somn":3a00evkb said:
VanC":3a00evkb said:

That isn't saying much for yourself. I can be walking backwards and still stay ahead of you.

mnmtranching":wczcjgut said:
US Wheat production.

Wheat acres peaked in 81-82 at 88.2 million acres.
By 88-89 had dropped to 65.5 million acres.
Last marketing season total US Wheat acres harvested dropped to 47.1 million acres.

Primary reason; Competition from other crops.

http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/na ... 1-2007.pdf
Page 18
51 million Total wheat acres harvested in 2007
Whats 4 million acres right mnmtranching after all when you think roundup wears off so 4 million acres ain't very much either. Might explain how your silage had so much corn in it. You have no idea what an acre is.

More about corn and wheat.

With the increased demand for corn, the crop has pushed farther and farther to the North and West into traditional Wheat country. Where once was amber waves of grain now has field after field of corn destined for the ethanol plants. With the pressure from corn, Wheat is now being planted on what was once pasture and hay land adding to the already short supplies of livestock forage. Look for 08 Hay supplies to be at record prices, because of pressure put on other crops by the burgeoning corn/ ethanol industry.

Latest posts