Galvanized Tin Roof Paint

Help Support CattleToday:

Holy moly - I just looked that up -$1,149.99

9d28778a-ebc3-44a9-9737-7e86bc043601_1000.jpg

Several mfgs on the market should run about 75 bucks per 5 gal , application is 1.5 gal per sq (100sq) in 2 coats. Best application is with a brush on a handle. Roller will work but research has shown the aluminum fibers do not lay down as well with roller.

What is the best way to patch small holes (looks like a .22 went thru it) in the tin roof?

I was wondering if that metal tape would work if I put it on before painting.

What's the best way to patch the holes?

Thanks

I would acid wash it with a little vinegar before applying anything. Just to prep it. Let it dry well before covering it with paint afterwards.

HDRider":19f7h1xy said:
What is the best way to patch small holes (looks like a .22 went thru it) in the tin roof?

Thanks
50 year silicone caulk. Put enough to be a plug on the top and underneath sort of like a rivet. Then you can paint over or whatever.

M-5":3tmlncyr said:
Use np1 or use a polyester fabric patch just embed the fabric in the coating over the hole.
Got.. Thanks

MasterSeal NP 1
One-component, elastomeric, gun-grade polyurethane sealant
Formerly: Sonolastic NP 1

HDRider":2c2197or said:

Thanks
Just about any caulk but silicon. NP1 would be my choice. A butyle type if you can find a neoprene washered screw to put in the hole after you caulk it.

Silicone on metal will eventually leak in a couple years after it gets hard. Expansion and contracting sheet metal will cause it to fail.

that is ok product. not the construction grade that was recommended but most roofers use that in or geocel 2300. if you have a Sherwin Williams nearby they own Geocel now so they will have the 3300 construction grade

M-5":1fzbccou said:
that is ok product. not the construction grade that was recommended but most roofers use that in or geocel 2300. if you have a Sherwin Williams nearby they own Geocel now so they will have the 3300 construction grade
I called my SW store. No luck, and I'll try to be nice.

I am going to Amazon it.

This is the right stuff?
http://www.amazon.com/MasterSeal-former ... ullets-btf

Latest posts