Gallager M1000 Electric fence charger?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
What's so special about this charger to make it over $500.00? It's not even solar powered. Has anyone ever had one does it really burn through weeds? I found a slightly used one, I can buy for $120.00 But, I know nothing about them. All I've ever had were ParMak's. Thanks B&G

They don't withstand being run over by a backhoe. That was a hard lesson - well learned tho.

Black and Good":1vjwcpn5 said:
What's so special about this charger to make it over $500.00? It's not even solar powered. Has anyone ever had one does it really burn through weeds? I found a slightly used one, I can buy for $120.00 But, I know nothing about them. All I've ever had were ParMak's. Thanks B&G

If I remember right, I paid a little over $200 for a brand new M1000 about 8 years ago on Ebay. It was such a steal, I figured it must have been stolen. If it was, he stole an entire pallet because the guy sold a pile of them.

M1000 will burn through the weeds and any light wire under 14 gauge. $120 is a good deal. If I didn't already have a good spare, I would say buy it, and if you don't like it, I'd buy it off you.

They are a great charger and worth the dollars. Getting readings off the fence will confuse you at first. Something about how they work, but if you are getting a 6.8 or higher reading they are actaully shocking at a higher rate. Gallagher exoplained it to me when I first got ours but I didn;t really understand, but boy that thing is HOT

Cool Cool! Thanks for the help. I wanted to make sure it was a good one before I did a bunch of work to install it as right now I'm on solar. But, my bull pen is a crap steel fence and I'm tried of repairing it. So, I'm going to come out of the barn with this M1000 and pick up the bull pen & whole place. I'll use the solar for rental ground. B&G

Black and Good":11250wrn said:
Oh I almost forgot, are they meant to be outside in the weather or need to be inside? Thanks B&G
Not sure. You could check the Gallagher site on the net for the manual.

dun":3c71fp6j said:
Black and Good":3c71fp6j said:
Oh I almost forgot, are they meant to be outside in the weather or need to be inside? Thanks B&G
Not sure. You could check the Gallagher site on the net for the manual.

I have a heavy duty contractors 50 gallon trash bag over mine and it has worked out well even with the winds. Place a weight on top and leave the bottom of the bag open to prevent condensation buildup.

Latest posts