Ft Worth Results

Help Support CattleToday:

We had a couple kids in my city show brahmas today and his judging was very inconsistent. We had a heavy bred brahma (due to calve on wednesday) get sifted out of a class for skinnier V8s (again...the branding thing). But we also had a kid who made the sift and ended up placing second in the same class who was less bred. I was told by one of the kids in our city who showed in the red angus class that the judge didn't even come around to ask birthdates (and it just so happened that he calf was the youngest in her class and yet the biggest). Up until now, she's always placed top among her class...but was placed towards the end this time. But...what can we do about an inconsistent judge? Not much. Congrats again though to those who've shown already and good luck to those getting ready to show. Any of you heading down for the steer show next week?

Bill Able of Miami, Oklahoma judged the polled and horned shows.

I didn't care for that judge at all, i wont ever show under him again. even tho i might of done okay..i aint showin' under him..he had our breed so messed up it wasn't even funny. I know that he won't be a judge that we use for like state shows or national shows.

Any of you heading down for the steer show next week?

Yes, i'll be down there just about every day..dont have a steer, but i'm one of the ones who knows what i'm doing when it comes to steers so i'm helpin' them out

-bherefords":2d4osa6b said:
Bill Able of Miami, Oklahoma judged the polled and horned shows.

I didn't care for that judge at all, i wont ever show under him again. even tho i might of done okay..i aint showin' under him..he had our breed so messed up it wasn't even funny. I know that he won't be a judge that we use for like state shows or national shows.

Dr. Able judges Longhorns on a pretty regular basis. And he usually does an okay job. Sometimes he does pretty good, but there are those days when you're just like "What?!?" b/c you don't know what just happenedDr. Able judges Longhorns on a pretty regular basis. And he usually does an okay job. Sometimes he does pretty good, but there are those days when you're just like "What?!?" b/c you don't know what just happened. But then again I think a lot of judges can be that way sometimes.

We also had Dr Able for the Gert show. What came out on top was okay, but the way he got there was strange. He didn't care if they could walk or not, and we never once heard "spring of rib" which is probably a first for a major show. There was one reserve division winner that probably wouldn't have even stayed in our barn. Our FFA's cattle did okay, won a class and had several seconds. I guess there was just no pattern to follow from the stands. It seemed that one class was based on frame size, and the next...who knew!

-bherefords":qw5tyfxc said:
Quote:
Any of you heading down for the steer show next week?

Yes, i'll be down there just about every day..dont have a steer, but i'm one of the ones who knows what i'm doing when it comes to steers so i'm helpin' them out
Well alright! I'll prolly see ya down there.

At least in the previously discussed breeds, you didn't have a grand champion with suspended papers. It is nice to know that we have a jr assocation that cares that the exhibitors have a fair playing field. NOT! The judge kept commenting that the heifer didn't look like the others. I wonder why. Maybe it wasn't that breed.

At least in the previously discussed breeds, you didn't have a grand champion with suspended papers. It is nice to know that we have a jr assocation that cares that the exhibitors have a fair playing field. NOT! The judge kept commenting that the heifer didn't look like the others. I wonder why. Maybe it wasn't that breed.
If you're refering to the simbrahs (I'm not sure if it was her simbrah but I know for a fact it was Robby) than I heard about that and she was DQed if the rumor was told right. ;-)

She was not DQed. She won and believe it or not the reserve was from the same breeder. If you want to help prevent this from happening at San Antonio & Houston, then we need a letter writing campaign to all the officials. The only way to stop this corruption is to fight it head on. We have sat back and watched it take place over and over again. If we want to change the system, we have to unite and take a stand. If you would like to write letter, please pm me and I will give you the email address you will need. We all need to start with the Ft. Worth Stock show since that let the animal show. It will not help us, but maybe they will think twice before letting it happen in another breed.

Bronco":hv2ylfj5 said:
She was not DQed. She won and believe it or not the reserve was from the same breeder. If you want to help prevent this from happening at San Antonio & Houston, then we need a letter writing campaign to all the officials. The only way to stop this corruption is to fight it head on. We have sat back and watched it take place over and over again. If we want to change the system, we have to unite and take a stand. If you would like to write letter, please pm me and I will give you the email address you will need. We all need to start with the Ft. Worth Stock show since that let the animal show. It will not help us, but maybe they will think twice before letting it happen in another breed.
Are you sure she was not DQed after the show? I was told by a few ag teachers that she was confronted after the show by the authorities about the problem. If not, I might be interested in helping you in that cause.

This animal was not DQed....trust me on this one. This type of thing could happen in your breed. Support from all breeds would be greatly appreciated.

If the papers on the heifer were suspended then why was she allowed to show? I had also heard that she presented the wrong papers, if so, then when they run the dna, since they pulled hair on both heifer's, the heifer will be out anyway.

As far as San Antonio, the exhibitor has to be a member of the Texas Junior Simbrah/Simmental Association to show. Is the exhibitor a member? If so and the paper's on the heifer have really been suspended, talk to the directors of the TJSSA and get the exhibitor's membership suspended.

Contact the Simbrah Advisory Committee and all the member's of the Texas Simmental/Simbrah Association and get all the breeder's involved.

If the heifer's paper's were suspended why didn't everyone that was showing Simbrah's at Ft. Worth throw a fit about it and get something done between Thursday (when they checked paper's) and Monday at 1:00 p.m. when the show started?

Just my 2 cents.

Trust me, they did throw a fit. The FWSSR made the decision to let the animal be exhibited. Good idea on asking the the exhibitors membership be suspended as well. The breeders are trying, but now it is time for the Jr members to take a stand. Their parents are too afraid of the what we call, the "Texas Show Mafia." I have always heard there is safety in numbers.

cul8r":lyh4rhjn said:
If the heifer's paper's were suspended why didn't everyone that was showing Simbrah's at Ft. Worth throw a fit about it and get something done between Thursday (when they checked paper's) and Monday at 1:00 p.m. when the show started?
Are you familiar with the kid in question? If so, you'd understand why things seem so much more complicated for an issue that should be easily resolved by DQing or suspending her.

jaydill":16vqv5yw said:
cul8r":16vqv5yw said:
Are you familiar with the kid in question? If so, you'd understand why things seem so much more complicated for an issue that should be easily resolved by DQing or suspending her.

I know exactly who this kid is.

Sounds to me like maybe someone knew some of the officials at the Ft. Worth show.

I would have just thought that if some of the bigger Simbrah rancher's were at the show, that they could have done something.

Because now if she gets DQ'd over the dna, nobody will ever know. Ft. Worth doesn't kiss and tell. Last year there were 3 market animal champions that got DQ'd, however, they didn't bother to annouce who these exhibitors were or even what divisions. They are great about telling everybody who the winner's are, but not who got DQ'd.

She will always be known as the Grand Champion Simbrah heifer 2006.

cul8r":1apt11am said:
Sounds to me like maybe someone knew some of the officials at the Ft. Worth show.
You hear right. ;-)
cul8r":1apt11am said:
Because now if she gets DQ'd over the dna, nobody will ever know. Ft. Worth doesn't kiss and tell. Last year there were 3 market animal champions that got DQ'd, however, they didn't bother to annouce who these exhibitors were or even what divisions. They are great about telling everybody who the winner's are, but not who got DQ'd.

She will always be known as the Grand Champion Simbrah heifer 2006.
Wasn't it the G.C. Fort Worth steer (2005) that tested positive for steroids? Whichever major it was...the girl got into the Showbox magazine and not a word was said about her disqualification. Not that I saw, anyways.

As far as her always being known as the Grand Champion Simbrah Heifer 2006, it's a darned shame ain't it?

Beefy":317aoa8s said:
Quote:
"Texas Show Mafia"

you showfolks are a hoot!
Aren't we? :lol: Makes me feel sillier knowin that I know exactly what he's talkin about.

Yeah, we are aren't we!! :lol: But the whole her winnin' crap, they won't do nothing about it they might try, well the juniors might try, but she wont get DQ..why cause she is Robbie Burns. They can get any show she goes rigged and get it her way..point blank. Just like at State Fair with her steer, to me personally she shouldn't of even gotten grand, the res was better than her, but look who was on the end of the halter..Mrs. Robbie Burns..so she won. What yall say she gets grand or res at San Antino (sp?) and Houston..if she can even show at them..don't know the status on the previous year..

Latest posts