Results from Ozark Empire Fair (BIG district fair)

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
Well, we just got home and had a blessed time! Here are the results of our big district fair...

This is our 3/4 blood October bull calf, sired by Make It Rain. He won Champion on the Junior show and Reserve Champion in the Open show.
OEF_Res_Champ_Percentage_Open.jpg

OEF_Grand_Champ_percentage_bull_jr.jpg

This is another 3/4 blood, just weaned 30 days ago and been on feed for that long. He won Reserve Champion Percentage Bull. He is a late November. Awesome set of EPDs on this bull!
OEF_Res_Champ_Percentage_Jr.jpg

This bull is one of the twins. In Junior, he was Reserve Champion purebred simm bull. He placed first and his brother was second in the class, a very tough class of bulls!
OEF_Res_Champ_Simm_Bull.jpg

This heifer was Jr Heifer champion in both the Open and Junior shows. She is a 3/4 blood upgrade heifer. The only one we showed that WAS NOT a bred and owned heifer.
OEF_Jr_percentage_Champ_open.jpg

This heifer is a purebred Grandmaster heifer. She won Champion Sr Heifer in Junior. She is a Feb heifer.
OEF_grace_sr_champ.jpg

This heifer was first in her class in both the open and junior show, and she is my son's favorite girl! He LOVES her!
oef_faith_1st.jpg

oef_seth_n_faith.jpg

And we also won best head of 6, all bred and owned!
OEF_champ_pen_of_6_open.jpg

And this...
top_herdsman.jpg

And to top it all off, my daughter was awarded the Earl K Neu scholarship, worth $1500!
IMG_9606.JPG

Like I said, BLESSED! :tiphat:

sim.-ang.king":3rf3ac1t said:
Nice looking animals, and great day for sure!

Who is that red bull out of?

Rendition. The red bull's dam is black, and rendition is black, so we were surprised to get twin red bull calves. Lots of power in those bulls! We were very happy with Rendition, and have seen some good cattle out of him.

Congratulations!!!! You all swept the competition away : )
Was this your daughter's last fair (is she a senior?)

Thanks. Out here kids can show until they are 21, if affiliated with their 4-h or FFA. She will be 17 next week. So she has a few years in youth still. But I bet she slows down, because she starts college this summer...

That is very cool. In Texas Fairs, the 4-H and FFA kids can show up to their senior year in High School.
It is bittersweet at our Fair. Kids that I have watched grow up come into the Fair office to pick up their packets and sadly tell me that they are seniors and that it is their last Fair.