Fruits of my labor...

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":18wpqmhf said:
Looks good. We've had a bunch of rain and I was walking in mine the other day admiring how deep it was when I thought about snakes and decided that wasn't the best thing to do.

12832498_1544859492478611_1318988555349901869_n.jpg
Was good clover weather here too. Well actually anything cool season has done well I guess no rain from August till mid October got us through the sprouting and dieing from hot weather. 16 inches of rain in the following 4 weeks didn't hurt either. I could handle a full grazing herd this year for the first time in roughly 8 years. I'm seeing a lot of Ball and Arrowleaf clover in places I haven't planted so it is beginning to spread. Even the Red Clover I put out last year came back better than I expected.

ez14":18udhds3 said:
This is what my pasture looks like
I've had winter pastures look like that......even worse is I've has spring and summer pastures not look that good. In sure you will be glad for your grass growing season to arrive and I hope it will be a good one.

1982vett":1bfh68ws said:
ez14":1bfh68ws said:
I've had winter pastures look like that......even worse is I've has spring and summer pastures not look that good. In sure you will be glad for your grass growing season to arrive and I hope it will be a good one.
i took that pictrue yesterday and i think its noticeably greener today im going to take a pictrue of the same pastrue next sunday so you can see what the difference is in one week

It's raining and I'm not venturing very far.

This was taken March 10. Record says we had 1.2 inches of rain that day.

This is today....after 1.2 inches of rain....but still raining. Cows have been off about 3 weeks.

ez14":2q876b21 said:
1982vett":2q876b21 said:
ez14":2q876b21 said:
i took that pictrue yesterday and i think its noticeably greener today im going to take a pictrue of the same pastrue next sunday so you can see what the difference is in one week
ok so i didn`t get a picture yesterday but i did today

Several years ago I worked on a pipeline ROW that needed some smoothing out. Put some Ball clover on it.

All your pasture look great. Jealous of all the green.

Snowed a little UP here yesterday. Then "warmed" up to 34* and rained 2", so i doubt things will grow too much until things warm and dry up a little.

Our temps are in the 80's heading for the 90's. May is speeding by and the winter grasses will be toast in a short time.

Latest posts