Frozen vaccine ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Had a refrig malfuncion and froze the contents... includings some killed vaccine, some dry MLV, some pennicillin, and some 7 way.

Is any of this still usable?

Steve I would say it is probably ok, but I always call my vet because the answer can be different with each product.

Larry

Most would probably be ok if used promptly, the MLV would be a concern. Contacting the manufacturer of all the products would be the most reliable info, although no doubt their recommendation would be on the conservative side at the detriment of your pocket.
Ken

I work for a vetrinary supply store and we ship vaccine all over the country. Frozen vaccine cannot be used it is worse than vaccine that had gotten too warm. It won't kill your cows but it is completely ineffective.

I read but I don't believe the lawyer labels, so I called the 1-800-366-5288 Pfizer hotline. Very good service.
Turns out the (previously freeze dried) vaccine can be re frozen (for up to 72 hours) and still used (I knew it!!!) but the diluent can not :( Now I need plan C...
Anyone know where to by diluent?

Give Pfizer or your vet another call? I read that vaccine diluent is vaccine specific, but maybe it doesn't matter with cattle vaccines. Sorry, I' not much help on this.

Latest posts