Freemartin with bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
I cut out a group of weaner bulls including a set of August born Simmental-Holstein twins for sale at the beginning of this month. No rain for weeks, it seems like I'm the only farm with grass around here and I've still got the calves - the stock agent isn't certain whether he can place the heifer twin in a new home at all.

Obviously there's a 5% chance that she's fertile (she looks like a normal heifer) and they're all getting to the age when accidents can be created. Probably going to bring them all back for worming within the week and it'd take me five minutes to get the heifer out and put her with the heifer calves. It would take a lot more than five minutes to get her back again if the stock agent finds a new farm for her.
If she gets preg in my herd at 15 months she becomes a dairy cow - that's no problem at all. How likely you think that leaving her with ten bulls now will cause a train wreck... rain is forecast for this week and hopefully the whole lot will be sold in another 2 - 3 weeks.

That's a problem. You're basically throwing a tranny into a men's prison. If she IS cycling you're going to have a bunch of lame/broke dick bulls by the time they get done fighting over "her"

Okay, so I move her out. I think I'll be worming them tomorrow, if its not raining.

Thar's not quite the sort of trainwreck I envisaged :roll:

Latest posts