FORD F-250 BATTERIES

Help Support CattleToday:

RICHARDL

Reaction score
What batteries are most of yall using in your 7.3 L fords. I'm on my second set in 4 years first set was walmart dura-failed & the second set was from Advanced Auto I'm thinking Interstate or optima Max

The first set of Ford batterys lasted 7 years so I replaced them with another set of Fords

WERE they interstate? that waht mine came with but at the time i didn't have much of a choice but to get the cheaper ones. and the next set i was told they were just as good. but the thing is i took them out of the truck put one in the tractor and one in the boat and used them 2 more years. its just that big 7.3 needs some crankin amps. the first cool spell and bam. but yes i agree i'm going back to the Ford place.
thanks dun

RICHARDL":14tb25ue said:
WERE they interstate? that waht mine came with but at the time i didn't have much of a choice but to get the cheaper ones. and the next set i was told they were just as good. but the thing is i took them out of the truck put one in the tractor and one in the boat and used them 2 more years. its just that big 7.3 needs some crankin amps. the first cool spell and bam. but yes i agree i'm going back to the Ford place.
thanks dun

I think they were motorcraft

I bought a brand new F350 powerstroke on December 26, 1997, (I know that is shocking to anyone who knows me). It's still got the original batteries in it.

My other diesels have Interstates.

cfpinz":2lqnecpi said:
I bought a brand new F350 powerstroke on December 26, 1997, (I know that is shocking to anyone who knows me). It's still got the original batteries in it.

Yeh my dad bought a new f-250 power stroke in 96 and I bought it from him last year,still on the original set aswell.I wonder how much longer are good luck will hold out.I also had a 97 f-350 they lasted nine years.

EAT BEEF":1q4sv7e1 said:
cfpinz":1q4sv7e1 said:

Yeh my dad bought a new f-250 power stroke in 96 and I bought it from him last year,still on the original set aswell.I wonder how much longer are good luck will hold out.I also had a 97 f-350 they lasted nine years.

I'd like to know who the original manufacturer of those batteries was. I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.

cfpinz":3lj4wub4 said:

What kind of natural or un-natural event had it been involved in that put it in the junker category?

dun":3eklmisz said:
cfpinz":3eklmisz said:

What kind of natural or un-natural event had it been involved in that put it in the junker category?

Knew that one would throw you for a loop. Only new vehicle I've ever owned, or ever will own if I have my choice. Main reasons I bought it: just gotten a good job, didn't have a bill to my name and Mom hadn't kicked me out yet. Those were the days!

Can't wait to hear what you think of the newest yard ornament, drove down to North Carolina Monday night to pick her up!

kerley":2y2mq6j7 said:
I don't know who makes Motorcraft batteries but they are Ford specs. Tom

Interstate makes Ford batteries. I just bought new batteries for the truck (1995), which was still running on the originals. The originals weren't worn out and are now used on the tractors. The new Motorcrafts were $110 US and the Interstates were $116. Needless to say which ones I bought. :cowboy:

cfpinz":3gccfyik said:
I'd like to know who the original manufacturer of those batteries was. I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.

The original batteries in a Ford Product are the "Motorcraft" brand. Motorcraft batteries are manufactured by Johnson Controls and have been for years.

As to the "best" batteries on the market, look to Motorcraft (Ford) and Delco (GM). Both are premium quality batteries.

grannysoo":3l005o00 said:
cfpinz":3l005o00 said:

The original batteries in a Ford Product are the "Motorcraft" brand. Motorcraft batteries are manufactured by Johnson Controls and have been for years.

As to the "best" batteries on the market, look to Motorcraft (Ford) and Delco (GM). Both are premium quality batteries.

Thank you. I've heard of Johnson Controls, how do you think they compare to Interstates?

Johnson Controls make Interstate batteries ( or use too). When I worked for Johnson controls they made many brands. Autozone, Sears, Interstate, John Deere, and several others I cannot remember now. Not sure what they make now as it been a while since I worked there.

Latest posts