Milwaukee batteries

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
I have had a rash of fairly lightly used Milwaukee batteries go bad on me lately. All have been 5 AH in size 18v lithium. Have had years of trouble free service out of them previously. Most of these I believe are about 2 years old. Got some out there over 10 on them going strong. All get used in different tools and different chargers so not thinking that is it. Got 2 that read charged on charger but got no juice a couple that just flash bad pack and one that just won't light up at all ( the least used of all of the ones I own.) Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue?

I was really impressed with Milwaukee for a long time and had switched everything over but between these batteries lately and some switch issues on some tools I am losing my faith a little. How is everybody else's stuff holding up?

No such problems so far, but I've only been using Milwaukee stuff for 3 or 4 years now. Before that it was Dewalt and the battery life with the 18V NiCad was pretty dismal, still have a couple of their 20V Li tools/batteries and they're still kicking FWIW.

Just for grins, I've started writing/scratching the date of purchase on new tool batteries. It's funny how 6 months turns into 3 years these days.....

Usually, one or two cells have gone dead that causes the problem. You might check and see if there is a place local that tests and repairs those. Might could test and take three parts batteries and make two good ones.

Last edited:
Most of the ones I've had go bad
9/0 and 12/0 size are ones that got wet. They don't like getting wet.
The ones that flash bad pack can apparently be "jumped off" . I've never tried it but you can find instructions on YouTube.
I have a pair of small 3/0 generic batteries I bought off Amazon at a fraction of cost. They've been ok and I'll probably buy more.

I saw the deal about jumping them last night and think I will try it as what they show is exactly what mine are doing. At $100 a pop it is worth a shot. Thanks for the feedback.

No such problems so far, but I've only been using Milwaukee stuff for 3 or 4 years now. Before that it was Dewalt and the battery life with the 18V NiCad was pretty dismal, still have a couple of their 20V Li tools/batteries and they're still kicking FWIW.

Just for grins, I've started writing/scratching the date of purchase on new tool batteries. It's funny how 6 months turns into 3 years these days.....
Amen! I don't know if I have gotten that slow or time has gotten that fast.

My brain must be a little warped..
Saw the thread title 'Milwaukee Batteries by SmokinM"
A bad and fiery image popped into my mind...

I've had very good luck with the 20V dewalt. The Milwaukee Recip saw I had ate batteries for breakfast tho.

Latest posts