EBay tool Batteries

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought replacement batteries on eBay that are off brands ? I was looking for some 18 v dewalt batteries and seen they had them for around 20$. New ones from dewalt around a lot more expensive.

Do not buy the AM batteries. GO ahead and get the name brand batteries. I bought an 18V AM battery for my Ryobi and it lasted 2 charges. They are junk.........I bought a couple extra OEM 18v for less than $50 a piece and they have been recharged several times so far.

Good read on buying the AM batteries.......this is what worries me the most and what I think was the problem...Aftermarket and knockoff batteries do not communicate with the tool the way it was designed and bypass all of the features designed to protect the tool and battery.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/replacement-tool-batteries/12611/

Are you talking about Lithium-Ion batteries? They are essentially good or bad and you will know right away. They are more fickle about chargers as others have said.
If you use your tools for making a living I would lean toward OEM with a warranty. Will definitely save time and headaches.

I have about 6 knock off Ebay Milwaukee M12 batteries. Of those, I had one dud, it was DOA. Seller replaced it no problem.

They seem to last just as long as the originals, and are less than half price. Most of them are at least a year old.

Careful with aftermarket batteries. Have seen quite a few photos on Milwaukee Facebook groups where they have exploded. No way I would be putting $20 batteries into a $300 tool. Lots of good deals out there on genuine batteries, either through EBay, Home Depot, Tool Nut, Acme Tools, etc. Or even score some great deals on Facebook Marketplace. I always try to buy kits that come with batteries, so I have lots on hand.

Latest posts