rechargeable batteries

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Looks like someone could invent a fence charger that I could plug one of the 12volt or 18 volt tool batteries into. My choice would be Bosch 12vmax 2.0ah Li-ion battery.

hurleyjd":204ezztp said:
Looks like someone could invent a fence charger that I could plug one of the 12volt or 18 volt tool batteries into. My choice would be Bosch 12vmax 2.0ah Li-ion battery.
The problem with that is they don;t have the capacity to work for long periods like a wet cell does.

True, but they charge in 20 minutes :p

If you wanted, you could use a couple spade connectors on a standard 12V charger and use the 12V bosch battery.

hurleyjd":3mzg8y45 said:
It's the underlined part that will get ya.

Nesikep":2ltge64m said:
True, but they charge in 20 minutes :p

If you wanted, you could use a couple spade connectors on a standard 12V charger and use the 12V bosch battery.
Would you want to have to change/charge batteries that often. Changing them every 2-3 weeks is a big enough job for me.

greybeard":10zcvhrn said:
hurleyjd":10zcvhrn said:
It's the underlined part that will get ya.

Yep, most deep cycle are 20-35 ah.

hurleyjd":3csyjmuc said:

I am not posting about a large charger only one of the strip grazing ones where you install 4 1.5 volt flashlight batteries. I do have one that you can leave the batteries out and hook to an external battery up to 12 volts.

I think the biggest deterent would be any charger company having to pay a tool company the royalties so they could use their battery.

I have two drills that are worthless because all the batteries crapped out. they won'[t even take a charge any more.

one is a ryobi 18 volt and the other is a black and decker 18 volt....

believe it or not the black and decker was always the better drill an outlived the ryobi by a good bit.

pdfangus":1sf1vfnx said:
I have two drills that are worthless because all the batteries crapped out. they won'[t even take a charge any more.

believe it or not the black and decker was always the better drill an outlived the ryobi by a good bit.

When the batteries crap out I toss the tools and go to this website and buy a factory recondition tool. I have always got new batteries with the tool set. The complete setup is most of the time less than batteries.
http://www.cpooutlets.com/

hurleyjd":2a2lnth2 said:
pdfangus":2a2lnth2 said:

When the batteries crap out I toss the tools and go to this website and buy a factory recondition tool. I have always got new batteries with the tool set. The complete setup is most of the time less than batteries.
http://www.cpooutlets.com/

exactly....you can get a new set for less than new batteries....and for the ryobi the charger crapped out too.

and they keep changing the battery configuration....For the Ryobi I have a drill and a saw and a light and all three are worthless if I can not get the same battery configuration.....

I erred above....my better drill is not a black and decker it is a skill. and the charger fro that one still works but the batteries are shot.

pdfangus":k55bllco said:
I erred above....my better drill is not a black and decker it is a skill. and the charger fro that one still works but the batteries are shot.
I've got a skill set up but the batterys go dead within a couple of days of charging even if I haven;t used them. I've got a black and decker that I can charge all the batterys and leave them sit around for a month and they still have a full charge.

Latest posts