Batteries

Help Support CattleToday:

I probably average around four years on battery life. Optima are the best, but they cost more. I have an Interstate on one tractor that is 8 years old, but they tell me the new ones want last as long.

We use InterState. 4-5 yes is pretty good. Had one set go ten years, but that's in a newer tractor with good connections and a good alternator.

3-4 years.

We just use Pro-series, as they are available easily in the area.

I probably average around four years on battery life. Optima are the best, but they cost more. I have an Interstate on one tractor that is 8 years old, but they tell me the new ones want last as long.
I've got an Interstate in a 7710 Ford that's around 10 years old - will check the next time I'm down there, but noticed the battery tender was red the other day when I walked past. Haven't used the tractor in a couple of months, betting the battery has given up the ghost. Had 2 go tits up the other week in my '97 7.3, they were 9 years old.

I've got an Interstate in a 7710 Ford that's around 10 years old - will check the next time I'm down there, but noticed the battery tender was red the other day when I walked past. Haven't used the tractor in a couple of months, betting the battery has given up the ghost. Had 2 go tits up the other week in my '97 7.3, they were 9 years old.
Went last year to get an Interstate battery for another tractor and the salesman's said the newer ones were coming back under warranty often as not as good. He did not have one in stock so I bought a different brand.

Went last year to get an Interstate battery for another tractor and the salesman's said the newer ones were coming back under warranty often as not as good. He did not have one in stock so I bought a different brand.
It's funny you say that. I bought a new Interstate for another tractor a few years ago and the salesman kept saying that the new one wouldn't last as long as the one I just brought in. Helluva sales technique!

It's worth noting that there's only three main battery manufacturers, that distribute to a dozen or more brands.

Jonson Controls makes Interstate, Duralast, Everstart, Pro Series, and some others that I forget. Chances are, if two batteries from those brands have the same warranty, they are likely the same battery with different stickers.

I just changed out two batteries in my truck. Stamp on both was 11/10, and they were Walmart. I think Walmart batteries are Johnson Controls.

I did call a store for an InterSate and the guy told me the didn't sell them any more because of too many warranty claims. Said good warranty but too much trouble keeping customers happy.

Latest posts