ford 6610 tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Dean the hobby farmer

Reaction score
I was just wondering about ford 6610 tractor are they good and if any major problems to watch out for.The one I planning on looking at has 3800hrs allied frontend loader,hayfork,potatoe bucket and manure bucket for 13000cdn dollars also to these tractors have hand and foot throttle .Is this good deal or not .Thanks Dean

One problem with the 6610's is that they had a weak front end. There was no way to grease the tie rod ends and they eventually wore out. With the front end loader I would pay close attention to the front end.

6610 is an excellent and strong tractor. We run the snot out of them in the citrus groves down here. Usually use them to pull batwing mowers. 13000 dollars sounds like a lot but I dont know how Canadian dollar measures up to USA dollar. Is it 4WD and does it have a cab?

I've got a (2002?) NH 6610-s I bought as a lease return with 1200 hrs. on it. I'm not sure how it compares with the Fords. I had to have the starter rebuilt and and new solinoids on the starter and injector pump. It uses a little hydraulic oil but runs fine otherwise. I was told the 6610's have a variety of parts that are different from tractor to tractor. Mine has a bastardized hydraulic return fitting.

It beats having to fiddle with the JD 730 diesel though.

We have had our 6610 for prob. 7 years now, love it. Is it a series III? Very dependable, great with hay, tobacco, etc.

Stay away from the NH S-series tractors. They're just not made as well as the older Ford 6610s. In fact, we're convinced that the 'S' stands for something very stinky.

HatCreekFan":3pjxm4vc said:
We have had our 6610 for prob. 7 years now, love it. Is it a series III? Very dependable, great with hay, tobacco, etc.

Stay away from the NH S-series tractors. They're just not made as well as the older Ford 6610s. In fact, we're convinced that the 'S' stands for something very stinky.

I don't know about the pre S series, but the 6610-S I've seen have a variety of parts that seem to differ from tractor to tractor. I'm starting to think the S stands for snowflake. No two are alike.

I heard that the s-series tractors were 'hecho en Mexico', and were usually made with leftover parts. We witnessed this when we had to replace a hydraulic lever on a TS110 - just oddball stuff like that. The 5610-s we dealt with was cheaply made - nothing like what we were expecting after having the 6610.

I wasn't thinking of snowflake - I was thinking of something a little closer to the ground... :lol:

Latest posts