For the longhorn breeders/users only

Help Support CattleToday:

TxStateCowboy

Reaction score
whirlwindjack.jpg

Here's my 1 year old Registered LH bull, He is a grandson of Whirlwind and looks just like his daddy "YO Texas Whirlwind."
Lets hear what the judges (ya'll) have to say about him. Below are 2 heifers that are not quite 2 yrs old, the first just had its first calf in october.

Not a breeder and not using this year so I am ignoring your title - but - he sure is bright.

I wish you had his head straight forward - that would allow me a chance to give you more.

Whats he weigh now?

Where are the heifers?

Bez!

[/img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/Yornavelli/brunhilde.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/Yornavelli/Straighthorn.jpg

Nice color. Hips look good and topline, even though topline could be straighter. Naval flap little too much. Good sprung ribs and full body. Head nice. From horn length I'd say he was 12 to 18 months old (unless he has real strong horn genetics that were passed on to him.).

brunhilde.jpg

This gal is nearly 2 yrs old, a half sibling of the above bull, i really like her, shes a real good momma and helps raise her sister's calf as well.

Bill- the above bull in the 1st pic turned 1 yr old in october so a little more than 14 months, and whirlwind genes, as i have know them, aren't big on the horns, more on color and conformation.

I really like his color and conformation. I have a roan bull out of Superman that looks like your bull with a little less black. Problem is that his last 4 calves were all white with markings only on the ears...what's a guy to do?

Love to have him as a steer. He is pretty. I hope you like him and he works well for you, but for me there is just not enough substance or muscle, and I would like to straighten him out some. He does have good depth, which I like. I think I like the heifers more than him.

Like Bez said, I would like to see him from straight ahead and know his weight.

Not trying bash him, just my honest opininion. I think he can work well for you.

Ryan

la4angus":128rxdo7 said:
DD RANCH":128rxdo7 said:
I'd like to rope all of them catch em and strech em yee haw.
Yup. I figgered as much. You're a kid.

Yes I am all 38 years worth never to old to have fun and live a little.I thought I would be nice and not comment on these Longhorn cattle as they are not my Breed of choice unless for roping practice.Which we do on sundays with family and friends keeps us all young sorry ya old FART..

not many true ropers are big fans of longhorn for roping, :D much much prefer corrente, and are used in most if not all rodeos!
:eek:
from just another OLD fa^^

memanpa":3mgv46tb said:
not many true ropers are big fans of longhorn for roping, :D much much prefer corrente, and are used in most if not all rodeos!
:eek:
from just another OLD fa^^

We had a gentleman come to our place that is a buyer for a few ropers in the area. He said just what you did.. our calves just weren't what he was looking for. the growth patterns of the horns (wrong length for age, and wrong growth direction) were the main deterent.

and not to mention the fact the longhorn tends to lean to the meat side, corrente. lean fast and tuff!!
but what do i know i am an old fa^^!
only swung a rope a few times :D and never yelled YE HAW :oops:

Nice looking bull, Cowboy. I like his color a lot. Would like his back a little straighter, although it may just be the way he's standing. I also like the hiefers a little better, wouldn't mind if they were in my herd. :cboy:

I like the looks of the bull-really like his color and I think his body is ok but he does have just a little too much sheath. The heifers look pretty good too but they also have a little navel flap. When you breed that bull you really need to put him on tight skinned cows or else you'll just keep putting on the navel flap on your calves. Other than that they all look pretty good.