For Sale: Show Heifers (New Pics added)!!

Help Support CattleToday:

JR Cattle Co.

Reaction score
I have two show heifers that I have for sale. PM for more info.
heiferpics002.jpg
heiferpics004.jpg
heiferpics003.jpg

WHO MADE WHO X CHAROLAIS/SIMMENTAL
This smokey heifer is as sound and complete as they come, and with that color, she will definantly stand out.
heiferpics006.jpg
heiferpics008.jpg
heiferpics005-1.jpg

BAD MOON RISING X SIMMENTAL/ANGUS
This red heifer is super stout, extremely sound and hairy,hairy, hairy, while maintaining a very feminine look.
cattlepics017-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the red heifers mother.
cattlepics016-2-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the smokey heifers mother.

TNMasterBeefProducer":34bjj6s4 said:
The heifers arent bad looking but the cows are some of the ugliest critters I have ever seen.
so what does it matter? you just said the heifers arent bad looking so who's to care what the mommas look like? ive read it on here a million times that sometimes the ugliest cows have the best babies.

and for what its worth, i think both the mommas and babies look great, you should be proud to have them in your herd and to post them. you shouldnt have a problem selling the heifers either.

TNMasterBeefProducer":ahvvvsgm said:
The heifers arent bad looking but the cows are some of the ugliest critters I have ever seen.

Could you elaborate? Personally, I disagree with you, but I would like to here your opinion of them.

I think both are pretty deep and long, good strong toplines, have some flesh to them in the winter, and both still show ample femininity. I would definitely like a better set of back legs on the red cow, pretty posty and looks like her toes don't point the correct direction.

Ryan

TNMasterBeefProducer":1urfytjp said:

What don't you like about them? I don't see many faults- and like Keren, they are the closest to ideal I have seen on this board in a long time.

cattleluvr18, For those who keep replacements, the quality of the dam is extremely important. These cows though aren't uglies- phenotype wise- If TNMBP was saying their ugly off of face features, well I've never really looked at a cow like that so can't comment there. :D

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I can see where some might think that the cows are kinda ugly, as these pics don't do them any justice. It doesn't help that the smokey cow is eating her boogers, and the pic makes her look like she has no ear.

Ahhhhhhhh . . . NOW I UNDERSTAND why the photo of the silver cow had been bugging me! lol lol Its the no-ear thing :lol2:

You know Ryan, I didnt even notice the posty legs on that red cow :shock: think I was blinded by the rest of her. I'd like to see a photo where her legs are square, or see her walking in person though, before I'd be sure. The silver cow also looks postier than I would like.

Still, nice cows.

Latest posts