footwear survey

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy":2trnipfh said:
cattleluvr18":2trnipfh said:
i wear pull on boots that come up to my knees year round. then i dont have to worry bout steppin in sh!t. my sister wears them crocs..i sure dont recomend them.

as I don't live on a farm...and am a City dweller I wear Croc's all the time, the most comfortable foot wear I have ever worn. They are said to be the best footwear for Diabetics, hence why I tried them, they are like walking on sponge soft and springy.

Chrisy----we nurses wear them, too!!! they are so very comfortable when you are on your feet in the ER for 12 straight hours!!
The hubby has 3 different shoes...depending on the time of year and the "job at hand".....has his good Olathe cowboy boots for riding and nights out on the town....his hikers for farming time.....and his "teepee creepers" (or "sand diggers" as another local called them) for just about anything else---these are not real easy to find and only able to find them in one place around here, but he LOVES them and wears them almost more than his boots!!

I wear gortek hiking boots made by Vasque, the model is Sundowner. I would rather wear these than anything else I have worn. Once the boots are broken in, they fit like an elkskin glove. I normally have them on sometime each day, 365 days a year. I have 2 pairs, One for everyday wear, the other is my clean boots that I wear to town while breaking them in. By the time I have the worn the older pair every day for 3 or 4 years and they are ready to be retired. The new pair becomes my everyday pair and I buy a new pair. The cycle starts over. I have done this for almost 20 years now.

I use to get a broken in pair of Ropers every year at Christmas, when Granddad opened his new ones he gave me his old ones once I could wear them. He had cleaned the insulation off for the occasion and had them polished up fine. I still buy them for farm work. I have been using Justin's.

Seems like I always got a used pocket knife about the same time.

Horseshoe Ropers, they are like a lace up Justin boot but lighter like a High Top Tennis shoe with a spur lip on the back.

Started wearing them when riding Horses or Mules and just real comfortable. Probably not as protective as other boots mentioned.

Caterpillar Steel Toes for most work, Justin's for horsing around.

I think I am moving to Arkansas. :lol:

Crowderfarms":2kzrvoy7 said:
Almost forgot the Wolverines are # BR-549 and the Double HH's are # OU812's. Insulated with pure Bulls__t.
Can you get the Wolverine BR 549 anywhere or just a Jr. Sample's?

curtis":2h0njmxr said:
Most of us in the south still go barefoot, an most of the girls don,t wear undies.

Well Thanks alot!! I just got slapped cross-eyed for telling my wife to get her drawers on!!

Oh, I'm not barefoot either, I wear Georgia boot's Muddogs year round. They're a little hot in the sumer, but I've got three shallow creeks to cross to stop fence leaks in all the time.

I wear a pair of Anderson Bean sharkskin boots. They started as my good boots, but are so comfortable that when I got them resoled they became my work boots. The sharkskin is prastically indestructible.

Well, in the winter, I wear a big heavy set of Baffin winter boots. Supposed to be good to -100 degrees, so I just hope that it doesn't get colder than that or I don't know what I'll do. In summer, usually just a set of running shoes although occasionally i'll get into a phase where I'll wear cowboy boots for awhile.

ranchwife":n5ckf7gm said:
Chrisy----we nurses wear them, too!!! they are so very comfortable when you are on your feet in the ER for 12 straight hours!!

The wife recently switched over to Dansko shoes over the Crocs, have you ever wore them? She likes the more support. Kind of funny looking soles with a curve to them. But she swears they are comfy.

Rubber muck shoes unless its real muddy then its rubber boots.
Change to Rocksport Pro-Walkers for going to town and my o'l favorite Justins for dancing. Do have Sunday shoes and dress-up shoes....I really like being a "kept man".
DMc

Georgia Boot pull on ranch work boots. Got to be the best wearing boots I've ever had.

The Bachelor-I just noticed that you're from Anderson, AL. You're just down the road from me. Ever go to the Fish Creel? I was just down there a week or so ago. They have the best fried oysters I've ver had anywhere.

aplusmnt":jc7o11he said:
ranchwife":jc7o11he said:

The wife recently switched over to Dansko shoes over the Crocs, have you ever wore them? She likes the more support. Kind of funny looking soles with a curve to them. But she swears they are comfy.

not heard of Dansko are they of the same material, with non-slip soles?

Year round in the dairy barn are Muck chore boots, if it gets real hot, I switch to tennis shoes.

GMN

Latest posts