Guess I'm behind the curve on proper manly footwear--boots

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
When I was up in North Texas last week, I had to go to walmart. Saw a short pudgy guy walk in wearin a pair of cowboy boots--some sort of snakeskin looking things. What was odd, was that the toes extended WAY past where his foot and toes ended, narrowed way down and curled up to the point that they sole at the end was about 2" off the floor. He had to walk flatfooted. Looked like something an elf might wear or a court jester from the middle ages. What am I missing here? Is this some kind of cultural expression like a backwards hat and pants worn way down to expose the underwear? Found a picture of the same thing in a google search. I never cared for kill-a-roach-in-a-corner boots but I know some people like 'em, but this is a bit extreme IMO.
Explain please--what's the deal?

newboots3.jpg

Looks like some of those "loafers" the african american "ministers" use to wear. Knock the heels off them and they're really cool. Use to call'em "roach killers". Get a roach in the corner of the room and you can spear him.

TexasBred":3ifc1m9y said:
Looks like some of those "loafers" the african american "ministers" use to wear. Knock the heels off them and they're really cool. Use to call'em "roach killers". Get a roach in the corner of the room and you can spear him.
atleast it would keep the little ones occupied ...

greybeard":1rh0llx3 said:
When I was up in North Texas last week, I had to go to walmart. Saw a short pudgy guy walk in wearin a pair of cowboy boots--some sort of snakeskin looking things. What was odd, was that the toes extended WAY past where his foot and toes ended, narrowed way down and curled up to the point that they sole at the end was about 2" off the floor. He had to walk flatfooted. Looked like something an elf might wear or a court jester from the middle ages. What am I missing here? Is this some kind of cultural expression like a backwards hat and pants worn way down to expose the underwear? Found a picture of the same thing in a google search. I never cared for kill-a-roach-in-a-corner boots but I know some people like 'em, but this is a bit extreme IMO.
Explain please--what's the deal?

newboots3.jpg

I am thinking them are your boot's.
Bet you got them on Washington Ave. in Cleveland.

:D

Nope. There ain't no bootery on Washington st--just used furniture stores, eating places and funeral homes.
We have one western store here, and it is owned and run by a Chinese or Japanese guy--named Randy.
I guess that's an ancient Asian name from way back--dunno. I can never get over walking in and seeing a Chinaman wearing jeans, boots and a western shirt. Must be something to it, because a Chinaman also owns the Baskins western store in Livingston. Maybe they have the western stores tied up like the Arabs and Indians do the motels and convenience stores?
I do have a pair of TL boots m wife got me for Christmas one year, but most of the time just wear some old jungle type Army surplus boots.

greybeard":3nn99prf said:

Nope. There ain't no bootery on Washington st--just used furniture stores, eating places and funeral homes.

Seems appropriate. There is enough leather in them boots to make a recliner out of for the furniture store. Wear 'em to the sale barn and somebody would probably eat your lunch. Might even get you killed and the funeral homes would get some business.

backhoeboogie":1euw5yyh said:
Seems appropriate. There is enough leather in them boots to make a recliner out of for the furniture store. Wear 'em to the sale barn and somebody would probably eat your lunch. Might even get you killed and the funeral homes would get some business.

Might go well with some of those big a$$ hats the goat ropers show up wearing.

TexasBred":7eyh7zx5 said:
backhoeboogie":7eyh7zx5 said:

Might go well with some of those big a$$ hats the goat ropers show up wearing.

My grandsons see all these "cowboys" who don't own cows. They want to know why I just wear a cap all the time. Don't really know why I never wear one.

Those things are showing up around here, too. Everyone one of them is worn by those of a Mexican heritage. Personally, I'd like to take a saw to the toes of them.

backhoeboogie":1hilkubl said:
greybeard":1hilkubl said:

Boogie don't let GB pull the wool over your eyes.
GB most likely had them on when he was trying to change his luck.

Is there a 'right' place to wear such things?

CB
If I thought that luck changing thing actually worked I'd a done it a long time ago--boots or no boots.
I can see how it might curl your toes up for a little while tho.

greybeard":3ui653nf said:
Is there a 'right' place to wear such things?
CB
If I thought that luck changing thing actually worked I'd a done it a long time ago--boots or no boots.
I can see how it might curl your toes up for a little while tho.
don't know... but if you do...you better dam well hope so

Latest posts