Interesting BEEF magazine survey

Help Support CattleToday:

I raise Angus because that is what the buyer wants. I had rather raise something else, but it doesn't make sense to put money into cattle that will bring less in my area. The Piedmontese meat that I have eaten is the best, mostly when crossed with Jersey. But the people have heard the word, "Angus" so long, that they look at you like a used car salesman when you talk about the meat. Such a shame.

Imagine that, cattle talk on the cattle forum. Mine are all Brangus, and I am too new at this to understand subleties. I do know that I usually get a pretty good price when they go to market.

The one thing that surprised me is the percentage that don;t require a BSE on bulls that they buy

Whatever is going on in the last 4-5 years is a good thing for the cattleman. I feel if everyone would push beef, and not breed we would be even better off. I feel the Black Angus folks have helped everyone get more money for their cattle.

What I found interesting is that SL & the think tank predicted both these issues over a year ago.
Kink of makes me think someone over there is playing the cattle futures market and winning big.
Or some one is a breeder and is now well ahead of the curve to sell other than black Angus.
Or both.
Liz

by Sir Loin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 am
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82117&p=991913&hilit=Charolais%2C+cuts+of+meat#p991913

Latest posts