Fool

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I was in the local southern states getting pine Shavings and a man came in asking the cashier's can he undo roundup they looked at me I asked what do you mean he said his friend thought he was helping and sprayed it all over his yard and he wanted to undo it. I told him sorry they don't make narcam for Roundup. :bang:

water like hell if done right away MIGHT help a little..

he's not the first I'm sure
Vineyard around here sprayed roundup against some weeds, killed half their vines!

I have had people tell me if you cut it real short, like scalp it, that you might be able to save it. Much like the watering the heck out of it this needs to be done right now to have a chance.

M-5":20c08png said:
missed a business opportunity , Should have offered to reseed or sod his yard. The Friend was paying so you could have made bank on this one.

True but I didn't want any part of that disaster

Nesikep":2u9latal said:
water like be nice if done right away MIGHT help a little..

he's not the first I'm sure
Vineyard around here sprayed roundup against some weeds, killed half their vines!

LOL he did it on Wednesday morning

Engler":2dok6btu said:
I have had people tell me if you cut it real short, like scalp it, that you might be able to save it. Much like the watering the heck out of it this needs to be done right now to have a chance.

was done on wednesday

ALACOWMAN":1duypz72 said:
This time of year, the chance of it being saved is slim anyway. the frost will finish it..

I told him consider that an early present from your friend so you don't have to keep cutting it

If he could just convince himself for a while that he doesn't want grass in his lawn area, it will probably grow back in a week. That's usually how it works for me; if I want a nice stand of grass somewhere, it usually looks like a wasteland. On the other hand, if I don't want grass somewhere, it usually grows to the point I could get a bale of hay from an area the size of a brick.

Wash Roundup from affected plants by using a steady stream of water for about 30 to 60 seconds. Do this immediately after the plants were exposed to Roundup. Roundup is completely rainproof, or waterproof, after only 30 minutes. So the longer you wait, the less effective this counteractive measure becomes.

Sprinkle soil on the affected plants as soon as possible after Roundup was applied. Soil absorbs some of the product's chemical, reducing its affects. Wash the soil and Roundup off the plants as soon as possible, however, for the best control.

Prune the affected leaves and limbs if you waited too long to use a different method to counteract Roundup. After Roundup is absorbed by a plant's foliage, it travels to the roots, where it kills the plant. Annuals show signs of Roundup's effect two to four days after the product's application, and perennials show the effect in seven to 10 days. Therefore, selective pruning may stop plant roots from becoming afflicted with the product's chemical.

jltrent":1ze6ma5p said:
Wash Roundup from affected plants by using a steady stream of water for about 30 to 60 seconds. Do this immediately after the plants were exposed to Roundup. Roundup is completely rainproof, or waterproof, after only 30 minutes. So the longer you wait, the less effective this counteractive measure becomes.

Sprinkle soil on the affected plants as soon as possible after Roundup was applied. Soil absorbs some of the product's chemical, reducing its affects. Wash the soil and Roundup off the plants as soon as possible, however, for the best control.

Prune the affected leaves and limbs if you waited too long to use a different method to counteract Roundup. After Roundup is absorbed by a plant's foliage, it travels to the roots, where it kills the plant. Annuals show signs of Roundup's effect two to four days after the product's application, and perennials show the effect in seven to 10 days. Therefore, selective pruning may stop plant roots from becoming afflicted with the product's chemical.

We have sprayed in the rain and had good burn down with roundup

I had a neighbor that saw me spraying my yard (not big on weed-eating). He asked what I was using so I told him round up. About a week later there was dead spots all over. He had 2 foot around his house, a foot or better up his walk... you could see the drift bad out in to his St Augustine.

I saw him a couple days later and and made a comment about it. He said... I couldn't really tell where I was spraying. :lol:

skyhightree1":3pevjj2e said:
jltrent":3pevjj2e said:

We have sprayed in the rain and had good burn down with roundup
It does work fast and is effective.

Engler":1b5rrlqp said:
Didn't work on wife's prized hibiscus. (I'm still paying for that one,.)

Latest posts