Met a certified fool yesterday...

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher":2ae8kui6 said:
Jogeephus":2ae8kui6 said:
Sky, you need to do him a favor and tell him he's not going to make any money with those $2000 heifers. If he wants to make some real money he needs to buy some of my $4000 heifers.
;). You enabler you...:)

Just trying to help the guy out. These heifers are worth $16000 apiece. (If someone will pay that much for them)

He's ADHD and dyslexic. You know the old saying "buy low and sell high" Well, he's got it backwards - "buy high and sell low". He can always make up for losses through volume though.

skyhightree1":2uemh5ja said:
I met a certified fool yesterday at the barn. I seen him at the barn many times lately. He sat next to me and we talked and he drunk the kool aid that cattle prices will not fall every again and the $3 calves were here forever. He told me he mortgaged his house and land he already had which was paid for to buy land cattle barn and equipment truck and new shiny aluminum trailer. He asked what I thought about that. I told him I hope hes got a good job or two. He told me he bought 10 heifers from the special sale earlier this year that he paid 2000-2300 for. :shock:

You can spot them at the barn in a heartbeat.
The new aluminum trailer, hubcap belt buckle and brand new wranglers.
Wait about a year Sky and buy some good cows cheap from him.

A fool is born every day and a fool and his money will soon part. I don't buy cattle unless I got extra money in the ranch account.

Caustic Burno":1zhxkr0l said:
skyhightree1":1zhxkr0l said:
I met a certified fool yesterday at the barn. I seen him at the barn many times lately. He sat next to me and we talked and he drunk the kool aid that cattle prices will not fall every again and the $3 calves were here forever. He told me he mortgaged his house and land he already had which was paid for to buy land cattle barn and equipment truck and new shiny aluminum trailer. He asked what I thought about that. I told him I hope hes got a good job or two. He told me he bought 10 heifers from the special sale earlier this year that he paid 2000-2300 for. :shock:

You can spot them at the barn in a heartbeat.
The new aluminum trailer, hubcap belt buckle and brand new wranglers.
Wait about a year Sky and buy some good cows cheap from him.

could be less than a year :lol2:

wacocowboy":wfiltezk said:
A fool is born every day and a fool and his money will soon part. I don't buy cattle unless I got extra money in the ranch account.

I bought cattle ONCE. Can't remember what year it was but one of the better years in the mid 90s and I had built up some extra cash. So that fall after I sold calves I bought 17 3-5 yr old registered bred Herefords from one of my bull suppliers. Thought they would be the real deal since they were basically quarter/half-sisters to many of my own cows.

The cows were OK, but nothing spectacular. Some had milk/disposition problems. I culled about half of them myself before culling the rest of them for old age.

After that, I decided my own cattle were better quality and I knew their history. I kept only my own home raised replacements from then on :idea:

Latest posts