Kicking myself for being a fool

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cross_7

Reaction score
There was a time in my life when I was young and foolish, but there was a young lady that loved me anyway.
We had some great times but it was a bad period, a dark time in my life and she stayed with me for longer than she should have. She finally had put up with me and my wild ways for as long as she could and I let her walk and thought girls like her we're a dime a dozen and continued down that dead end path.

I realized somewhere along the way the mistake I had made of letting her go.
I tracked her down and she had moved about an 1-1/2hr away and I met up with her, but she had moved on and so did I.

She ended up with a great career and moved away but I've thought about her from time to time when I see old freinds and always asked about her.
I havent spoke a word to her or even seen her since that day 20 years ago

Well today I saw a picture on her that someone had posted and oh my gosh she is more beautiful today than she was 20 years ago, I mean full bloom gorgeous.
That picture brought up a lot of good and bad memories
The pain I caused her really bothers me.
I can't undo the foolish thinks I did when I was young.
I'd sure like to try, but that'd be weird and I don't think her husband would understand

I've felt guilty all day.

We all have similar regrets. We don't all share them with others. Thank you for sharing. You reminded me of someone. Yes, good and bad memories.
Glad to hear she is doing well. No reason to feel guilty about that. Pull up that stake and keep moving along in this experience called life

It's one them deals that you can't just talk a about to anyone, but you need to tell somebody your sorry for the things you've done

cross_7":10fh8x4k said:
It's one them deals that you can't just talk a about to anyone, but you need to tell somebody your sorry for the things you've done
Or that you didn;t do

dun":2wbpftsg said:
cross_7":2wbpftsg said:
Or that you didn;t do
That's it right there. Leave it to dun to crack it down to the nutshell. Yes

But then there is the other side of life's story. That girl you immediately fell in love with and whom you would have gladly cut your arm off for, whose smell would make you drunk with love. Oh how you pined for her when for some unknown reason she tossed you and your feelings in the gutter with no explanation whatsoever. Though it seemed you would always bare this pain in your soul you just had to shove it back in a dark corner and move on until one day, over 20 years later you see a familiar smile, those beautiful eyes, that dimple in her cheek standing behind the counter at the Jiffy Mart. Bloom she did not. Blobbing out is more like it. Time has not been friendly to her nor were the jelly doughnuts she must have spent the last quarter century gorging on and you just nod and smile and thank God this b!tch found you so undesirable.

I would refrain from contacting her to apologize. It may cause problems between her, and her current husband. Jealousy is a powerful force. If he is the jealous kind, I can just about assure you it will lead to problems.

It is admirable, that you feel this way.

i think we all have had a lady like that in our lives.an yes the old good an bad memories hurt when you think or some1 mentions them.i think what hurts the worse is knowing youll never see or talk to them again.an that they will always be in your mind.

Ouachita":m7ptuzt7 said:
dun":m7ptuzt7 said:
cross_7":m7ptuzt7 said:
Or that you didn;t do
That's it right there. Leave it to dun to crack it down to the nutshell. Yes
:nod: dun is a wise man. I respect him and his opinions on most things. If all is well with her and she knows where you are, leave it alone. Work on yourself and now you know what behaviors not to repeat. Good luck and best wishes. One foot in front of the other...

I'm the last person to know anything about this kind of deal, but it does seem nice that you feel the need to tell her your sorry. But I would think your current wife/family might find this a little bothering, or not and I could be reading some of this wrong.

cross_7":39cc6z46 said:
There was a time in my life when I was young and foolish, but there was a young lady that loved me anyway.
We had some great times but it was a bad period, a dark time in my life and she stayed with me for longer than she should have. She finally had put up with me and my wild ways for as long as she could and I let her walk and thought girls like her we're a dime a dozen and continued down that dead end path.

I realized somewhere along the way the mistake I had made of letting her go.
I tracked her down and she had moved about an 1-1/2hr away and I met up with her, but she had moved on and so did I.

She ended up with a great career and moved away but I've thought about her from time to time when I see old freinds and always asked about her.
I havent spoke a word to her or even seen her since that day 20 years ago

Well today I saw a picture on her that someone had posted and oh my gosh she is more beautiful today than she was 20 years ago, I mean full bloom gorgeous.
That picture brought up a lot of good and bad memories
The pain I caused her really bothers me.
I can't undo the foolish thinks I did when I was young.
I'd sure like to try, but that'd be weird and I don't think her husband would understand

I've felt guilty all day.

The only person who has no regrets is someone who never lived life

Be safe

Bez

I actually got to say everything that was left unsaid to mine. She was in town for a funeral and I saw a pretty girl driving by my parent's house really slow. She didn't know that my wife and I had bought the house on the other side of the road but she figured it out real quick when she pulled in the drive to ask the neighbors(me) where I had ended up.
I feel sorry for her now but I'm glad things turned out the way they did. I live the life that she and I wanted together and she's divorced and has next to nothing. It just about broke my heart when she looked around and said, "this was supposed to be my life."

cow pollinater":1qnesnn1 said:
I actually got to say everything that was left unsaid to mine. She was in town for a funeral and I saw a pretty girl driving by my parent's house really slow. She didn't know that my wife and I had bought the house on the other side of the road but she figured it out real quick when she pulled in the drive to ask the neighbors(me) where I had ended up.
I feel sorry for her now but I'm glad things turned out the way they did. I live the life that she and I wanted together and she's divorced and has next to nothing. It just about broke my heart when she looked around and said, "this was supposed to be my life."

Oh God. That would have cut me deep too.

You can't look back though. Can't dwell on what could have been.

cow pollinater":3a4tf6lv said:
You durn near made me :cry2:
Seems like there are some people that need to get up, dust their britches off, and get on down the road to the next rodeo.

cow pollinater":1xsjplzp said:

That would be tough
It would have been easier had she moved on and been happy, but she may still get the chance

We do some things in life that we are not so proud of. The most important thing, I believe, is that we learned from those mistakes. And do not repeat them.

cow pollinater":1o9t54t3 said:
[youtube]AK_kBzgP99Q[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts