FLEAS IN NEW CARPET

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
We just got moved back to our newly remodled house and we have fleas in the new carpet. We do have an inside cat but it nevergoes outside. Did we bring them in from the yard or what? Taking the cat to vet to get fixed anyway but what do we put on the carpet?

Do you have DyFlea in the USA? It's safe to use on carpets and don't stain.

Diatomaceous Earth is also supposed to work, if you give the carpet a good dusting and then vaccuum it up again. Never tried this, but was told it works well.

I had the same deal several years ago and concluded that we had walked them in. You have to treat everything. Beds, yard, inside of the house, pet. DE is good for the yard. Gets into the chinks of their armor. Put part of a flea collar in your vaccuum cleaner bag. You can get some good stuff at Petsmart for the carpet, spray on, hoover up. Once you get that all done, you might need to do it again in a few weeks. Flea larvae eat organic stuff, so you have to clean the furniture. It's a mess, but you can do it. It took me all one summer to get rid of fleas, but I did it. Just had to figure out a way to go about it.

i just put some flea medicine on my cat or dog and toss em in the room.

DE definitely will work. Give everything a good dusting and wait a couple days and vacumn...in the meantime dip the cat and dog or use something like Frontline on them. Probably wouldn't hurt to scatter a good dusting of DE all over your lawn as well. You should be able to get a 50# bag for around $20.

Latest posts