Fishing pier

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a neighbor who didn't want to wait for ice and he had a track hoe come in and reach out and push the pipes in for him. He used metal pipe, pushed them in and then pumped the water out and filled them with cement. He had a local wielder build the deck and the hoe lifted the deck out and the guy wielded it on. The locals got a big grin out of this but this guy made his million already and is just "play farming" and has the bucks to over build whatever he wants. I just wish my pastures had the rock filled ditch crossings, 4 rail guard rail lots, new six wire fences ect... that he does. He also built his fence corners out of wielded pipe with cement. He decided he liked white park cattle because he liked the color and it looks kind of funny to see a "smaller" cow in a lot that could hold a giraffe, but he has no worries about anything jumping out for sure. Back to the OP, sorry I got side tracked, the track hoe thing did work good but it sure looked funny.

mnmtranching":2idn8m7i said:
Get some old rims and tires put on a makeshift axle. Figure out the length of the dock and how deep at the end. Make up your dock and roll it in. This REALLY makes a great dock or fishing pier.
Allright I am confused. What keeps it from sinking?

I was cleaning a pond out and building an island in a pond for a guy that had the dock made on whells like that it worked really well

But when he had it pulled out so we could work and drain the pond his teenage sons and his buddies decided it would make a good motorcycle ramp so the moved it into position and started jumping off it until about the third time and his son crashed and broke his left collar bone and right arm from the crash

but they were catching some good air and hang time off of it

Some of the piers I have seen especially going out into the Great Lakes are from truck loads of crushed concreate or just big slabs, that is one way of doing it.

Latest posts