First bull you ever used A.I.

Help Support CattleToday:

trevorgreycattleco

Reaction score
Another thread got me thinkin.......... What is the first bull you used A.I. doesn't matter what breed. Any stories or info you want to share is incouraged. Never learned so much about Herefords till i joined this chat room lol!

I think that the first one we used was the angus bull T E F Optima. I'm pretty sure our oldest angus cows (12-15 years old) are out of him.

Rads Black Prodigy, i used him on a Limi heifer that was Homo Black and Homo Polled.

Polled Progress, a calving ease Tarentaise bull. Son of one of the original fullblood imports from the 70's. The calf was born exactly on the due date, unassisted, to a first calf heifer. It was a bull, his bw was 76 and his adj ww was over 600 pounds. Grew up a nice bull, he was sold as a heifer bull-the dam's sire was also proven for calving ease.

The first year I AIed we used Commodore of Wye (followed by some numbers), a Gert known as Jefe and a Lincoln Red bull that I don;t remember the name of.

KCF Bennett 3008 M326....... Oh I've only been doing for a coupl of years.... and it seems not very well at times. :D

Alan

Alpine Polled Proto, pb Simmental; somewhere around 1988.
Don't have the resulting heifer anymore, but do have some of her granddaughters/g-granddaughters in the herd.
Also used ABR Sir Arnold's Image, DS Pollfleck, DS Polltime, and Generation III.
Sent that last old halfblood Gen III daughter to slaughter last year, as an 18-yr old. She was a good 'un.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2xpgxzah said:
GALANT, American Simm Assn #10 back in 1969 (may 70) bred to two commercial BWF cows, Little Eye & Big Eye! (obviously they had goggles!) Than we used Signal & Parisien & LaComb Achilles.
No Abricot?