First bull you ever used A.I.

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1zn9y3qk said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1zn9y3qk said:
GALANT, American Simm Assn #10 back in 1969 (maybe 70) bred to two commercial BWF cows, Little Eye & Big Eye! (obviously they had goggles!) Than we used Signal & Parisien & LaComb Achilles.
No Abricot?
No never used Abricot & never used Parisien.
We did dabble in Chianina's back then also. Purchased a bunch of open Brown Swiss, bred them to Chi bulls. 1/2 blood calves "looked" just like a PB Chi and brought really good $$$. Had a contract for all the BS vet checked pregnant - delivered to OK.

First AI bull used was an old ABS Charolais bull: Crown A30. I just found that in Mexico they are still registering calves out of him.
For you Simmental people I also used Renz.

I don't remember the exact holstein bulls in the early '80s. I know I really liked the Pawnee Farms Arlinda Chief bloodlines and Glendell Arlinda Chief Sons. Some of the old bulls in the pedigrees were Ivanhoe, Elevation, We had a couple of Bootmaker cows and I remember putting a Bootmaker ampule in a favorite cow. Kit Builder was a well known AI bull that was born 70 miles south of us at Windsor Colorado, there was alot of talk about him but he was before my time. Dwane Fisher had him and another bull whose name I have forgot. The story was he bought a farm with semen sales from each of them. @

When I started breeding Angus I looked for the dominant bulls of the breed like in the Holsteins. Qas Traveler 24-3 was the old fading top bull of the time, EXT was just coming on, and I hated both of them. I thought there had to be something better than that out there. Too be fair though, I find that many of the bulls I like now will go back 2 or 3 times to the old Travler bull.@

An Australian hereford, Woodlands Shah, born 1961. Although we had purchased daughters and grand daughters, we got our first home-bred progeny by AI in '82. We've used another home-bred AI son of Shah to join our heifers for the past three seasons.

The first AIing I did was Holstein. It was sexed semen from Planet. Probably not the best way to start out using some of the most expensive semen but I had decent luck!

(Galloway) HB Zorro 2Z & Snapshot of Trapper (Angus) New Design 878 & KMK Alliance I 87

Only been AI ing about 10 years...

Brightview,

My brain must be in lock down I know who 9440, 036, and 315 are who is 5029.

315 is awful cheap right now, why would you use or not use him again, mostly commercial heifers. The BW is not great on him, but what about the rest. I have seen some fantastic aged 315 daughters, wondering if there might be a reason to try him.

Long time ago but my first bull was Lovana.

One of the first bulls we used when I was coming out of college and first started synchronizing out heifers was Paramount Ambush. The following year, I cleaned Select Sires out of all their remaining DH Yampa Dominator semen and then the following year I took all their M TJ Banner Impact semen. This was about 1993-94.

Brian

jscunn, 5029 is Whitestone Widespread MB #12411157. Used heavily in Oz late 80's early 90's for adding muscle and butt. Quite a successful show sire on our show circuits. Still got some in tank, as well as P Ambush. Might do some retro matings in the future . Also have 323, still some 036, Scotch Cap 14, Ext, 315 and Kruggerand semen. This topic may also ask the question " have the animals available via AI companies improved the end product for the commercial and seedstock breeders?"
Lee

This is the first year that I will use AI, and I am using WHS Limelight 64V on my two small-framed Tarentaise cows. I liked his EPDs for CED, BW, and WW, as I will be breeding a heifer. Is anyone else using this Angus bull from Select Sires?

It sure made me wonder about my choice of a backyard hobby when I received that email with "MichaelB, Thanks for Your Semen Order" in the subject line. ;)

for purebred Winalot Kannon calving ease shorthorn for cross bred PAR Moofasa speckle park x with shorthorn/angus got blue roan bulls! Kannon red shorhorn bulls. I ai 10 , 5 caught all were bull calves hope to get some heifers this year.

I cannot remember the exact first AI bull I used. Some of the early bulls I used were. (Hereford) C1 Domino 8015, HH Advance C416, Advance Lamp C811 and PW1 Domino 6008....(Angus) Monreposa Chaparrell and Shoshone Viking...

I have a pic of him somewhere in my archives-I think the first bull I used A'I was QAS Traveler 23-4 but we used some Charolais bulls years before that.

Latest posts