Fire at the Texas Governor's Mansion This Morning

Help Support CattleToday:

That's a shame. I love old historic places.

Not to make light of the situation but if that happened here, our governor wouldn't know about it for weeks. He spends all his time in Chicago while the mansion is in Springfield.

I heard this on the news. Very sad ,a beautiful building and a piece of history. When we go to Europe that is my favorite part, seeing all of the old architecture , I just love the majestic older buildings.

The fact that arson is suspected makes this an even worse tragedy.. :(

VanC":1v102wh0 said:
That's a shame. I love old historic places.

Not to make light of the situation but if that happened here, our governor wouldn't know about it for weeks. He spends all his time in Chicago while the mansion is in Springfield.

Same here. The governor's personal home is much nicer than the state supplied housing.

It is a tragedy for Texas, but I understand the furniture was off-site because of a renovation. Did I get that right?

John I do believe you are right. Furniture and historical items had all been removed. Always hate it when any old building is damaged by things like this.

TexasBred":azmigr14 said:
John I do believe you are right. Furniture and historical items had all been removed. Always hate it when any old building is damaged by things like this.

I was under the impression that it had caught fire before, maybe in the White administration? One of his kids did it? I can't remember. Not as bad, though.

I might be wrong. My mind goes on vacation this time of year.

ARSON is suspeced!!! :mad: There was lots of cops around,to say nothing of cameras-yeah,most artifacts had ben removed due to renovation,part of which was to put in a fire sprinkler system :frowns:

hillsdown":15buuk1x said:
I heard this on the news. Very sad ,a beautiful building and a piece of history. When we go to Europe that is my favorite part, seeing all of the old architecture , I just love the majestic older buildings.

The fact that arson is suspected makes this an even worse tragedy.. :(

You and me both I love going around London, even though I have lived there or abouts all my life. We had a bad thing happen last year when someone set fire to the Cutty Sark an old tea clipper that is in dry dock along the Thames....thankfully it is almost restored back to it's full glory and most of the artifacts were salvaged.

Can you say SUPER HIGHWAY! MOTIVE.
Lots of folks losing land alot older than that mansion.
Both sad and a darn shame..

Latest posts