Finished Hay this Year

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Never got so sick of hay as this year.
First moved mine then for a neighbor.
Float kept blowing fuses on the truck like to never have found that problem.
Thanks to a gnawing rodent that had worked on my truck that had worked the week
before on the cattle trailer. I crawled over that float for days trying to find that short.
Seems like nothing went easy this year.
Fan went out on the neighbors truck, hydraulic hose on the tractor list just goes on.

Sounds like a rough go of it. Atleast you got it worked out. Hope your hay is better than whats around here. Most around here is either too far gone to make anything of quality, or it took on 18" after being baled....

Who calls a pond a tank? I would assume a float is a trailer of some kind, but with a Texan you never know.

I've been right smack dab in the middle of Texas all my life. I'm not sure. Thought maybe he meant short.
A loose ground can cause what electricians call a float. Maybe that's it idk.

"float" is way more specific that saying trailer.

"tank" is man made. Earthen, wooden, metal - whatever.

1982vett":2n3kn5qh said:
:lol: Man O Man CB. Guess you are going to have to draw them pictures..... :D

It was a 26' float as well. It is quite apparent all these educated hillbillies have never
been to an East Texas parade. :nod:

Parade float
fullfloat_lr.jpg

Hay trailer
Hay_bales2.jpg

Caustic Burno":2odf6h8w said:
1982vett":2odf6h8w said:
:lol: Man O Man CB. Guess you are going to have to draw them pictures..... :D

It was a 26' float as well. It is quite apparent all these educated hillbillies have never
been to an East Texas parade. :nod:
CB growing up my dad always referred to them as floats as well. He would call for a dragline to be hauled in and it would come in on a "float".

Two common trailers around here floats and lowboys. Float is a trailer where the deck "floats" or is above and over the trailer wheels. Lowboy is where the deck is lowered between the trailer wheels. LOL

Have to admit ive never referred to a trailer as a float unless its actually being used as a parade float. Most time its just referred to as a trailer in general conversation, and maybe referred to as gooseneck, tag along or something of the like when we need to be more specific. Learned something new with this cb, i always find it interesting to here how people refer to different things with different words.

Latest posts