finished

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I do ok with barns and shops and feeders but I am NOT a 'sho nuf' carpenter, much less a heritage type furniture builder but back 1st week of january, Wife wanted a new little table/desk/work station instead of the folding table she has been working off of. I'm not very good at doing 'little'. Began as a 2'x 5' 'rustic' desk plan but kinda grew into 8'+long mission creep...

Freezing rain, then hail meant I had to move the frame off to the side & slowed me down last month as I had to get my truck parked inside.

KIMG0472[1314].jpg

DSC00508.JPG

DSC00511.JPGthumbnail_KIMG0480.jpg
she had to check my work...the inspector.

DSC00512.JPG
In but then she decided she wanted a little shelf added...:mad:
DSC00519.JPG

KIMG0492.JPG

KIMG0493.JPG
It will have to do.
and dats all I got to say about that. (no, there won't be a daily or weekly 'update').

She cooks for him daily, can you imagine feeding this beast!
LoL

Very nice GB! It was worth the effort.
No she doesn't. I love her dearly but she does not/cannot cook and hates to anyway. Told me that from the very start 30 years ago. I'm ok with it, because I do cook and I like to. (single parent--4 kids; I had to learn to do lots of things long ago.)

Last edited:
Nice Work.

Built mine some 30 years ago. Used a couple 30 inch solid core doors for the top and built a set of file drawers and a pedestal to set it on.

View attachment 41343
Very nice! I like the inset drop for the keyboard. (I don't mind building drawer boxes and fronts, but truly hate putting in drawer slides which is why her's only has the 2 drawers even tho there was room for 3. )

B
No she doesn't. I love her dearly but she does not/cannot cook and hates to anyway. Told me that from the very start 30 years ago. I'm ok with it, because I do cook and I like to. (single parent--4 kids; I had to learn to do lots of things long ago.)
Been there. I should probably have a T-shirt or something to prove it, but I couldn't afford it. Wouldn't trade those days or the experience for anything.

Latest posts