Fence

Help Support CattleToday:

showme

Reaction score
What kind of fence do you like. This would be for cows in pasture. What kind of fence do you have up and do you like it.

if i had unlimited funds i like the looks of a wooden fence.
I like barbed wire and steel posts the best in most circumstances. however, mesh wire is a good idea for perimeter fencing or keeping cows out of hay, for instance.

J&T Farm":a2cj198p said:
Barbwire. Steel T posts. Railroad tie corners and H braces. Like it.

I started using galvanized posts at my corners. Got them off a road contractor. Railroad ties are getting expensive around my part.

Scotty

If it is not electric - it's not a fence. High Tensile smooth wire with a good charger and you sleep at night rather than chase cows. 3 to 5 wires on perimeter, and 1 on any inside divisions. Faster to put up, cheaper, last longer than anything else. If you have old barb, etc - just put up 1 wire offset and extend the life of the old one.

Larry Sansom":3q0io88u said:
If it is not electric - it's not a fence. High Tensile smooth wire with a good charger and you sleep at night rather than chase cows. 3 to 5 wires on perimeter, and 1 on any inside divisions. Faster to put up, cheaper, last longer than anything else. If you have old barb, etc - just put up 1 wire offset and extend the life of the old one.

I second that. Nothing secure is as easy as high tensile.

pipe fence. take a little longer to build with the welding, but they don't have any give so a cow or calf isn't going to slip between the strands, hopefully. :roll: cows can be slippery though.

Latest posts