fence tips and tricks

Help Support CattleToday:

NECowboy":1g7jhkpi said:
callmefence":1g7jhkpi said:
I don't know but I would like to buy one of them.

Seriously they are rusty and look expensive (all the extra metal).

I've never seen one. But it appears 5 is right.
I googled it 1.95 from valley vet.
I collect shyt like that. Thanks dash I probably would have paid him 25.00

callmefence":2h02o94h said:
NECowboy":2h02o94h said:
callmefence":2h02o94h said:
I don't know but I would like to buy one of them.

Seriously they are rusty and look expensive (all the extra metal).

I've never seen one. But it appears 5 is right.
I googled it 1.95 from valley vet.
I collect shyt like that. Thanks dash I probably would have paid him 25.00

what are you paying for 75+yr old staples

callmefence":2eib12ug said:
ez14":2eib12ug said:
callmefence":2eib12ug said:
Every good boss should lead by example
It's raining I can go all day

:nod: :nod: :nod: some employees will never work hard but a lot of them IMO will work hard if the boss man is working hard instead of just telling them to work hard its a lot different when the boss man is right beside you doing the same things your doing then when he is nowhere around

Tell me ez . does it seem that white post might be listing to port?
well since m-5 has insulting you're fencing abilities under control i will take care of insulting your photography skills and say it because its a bad picture that it looks like its leaning ;-)

ez14":1xfioxuo said:
callmefence":1xfioxuo said:
ez14":1xfioxuo said:
:nod: :nod: :nod: some employees will never work hard but a lot of them IMO will work hard if the boss man is working hard instead of just telling them to work hard its a lot different when the boss man is right beside you doing the same things your doing then when he is nowhere around

well since m-5 has insulting you're fencing abilities under control i will take care of insulting your photography skills and say it because its a bad picture that it looks like its leaning ;-)

So your saying dash must be listing to starboard? ;-)

callmefence":2qqr6jx7 said:
ez14":2qqr6jx7 said:
callmefence":2qqr6jx7 said:

So your saying dash must be listing to starboard? ;-)
For sure :nod: :lol:

I've never even seen the ocean you cant keep using sailer talk on me :)

M-5":3emen8uz said:
I had a 36" stilson wrech in my left pocket

Now you're bragging about the size of your tool in your pants... It's getting deep now, and I don't have my chore boots on.

greatgerts":2devtgwd said:
M-5":2devtgwd said:
I had a 36" stilson wrech in my left pocket

Now you're bragging about the size of your tool in your pants... It's getting deep now, and I don't have my chore boots on.
your going to need chest waders for this

We use on to straight twisted t post. Call it a pipe wrench though. And only 18".
The gate thing is pretty clever. I use a come along on each end hooked to the top of the post and about midway on the gate.

Ground is about as moist as you could ask for except in the red rock, but i think maybe the drought a couple years ago took it's toll. Put in a couple miles of new fence at that time and it seems like we'd break a shear bolt every other hole.

20160831_125525_zpst4u8l02r.jpg

That auger is worth its weight in gold as far as im concerned. I hate digging holes for ties.

Commercialfarmer":1a7zbq10 said:
Ground is about as moist as you could ask for except in the red rock, but i think maybe the drought a couple years ago took it's toll. Put in a couple miles of new fence at that time and it seems like we'd break a shear bolt every other hole.

That auger is worth its weight in gold as far as im concerned. I hate digging holes for ties.

Nice what do you have for an auger?

Commercialfarmer":2gj1khjb said:

Been there. Get tired of replacing bolts and stick a grade 8 in . Usually gets the u_joint.

Latest posts