Fence Jumpin Bull Movin on

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Well here he is. The last pictures of Houdini the SOB who caused me to have a bum ankle all summer. Actually I have 2 calf crops off him and another on the way so he's gotta go. Just turned 3 and looks better than ever despite being on some crappy pasture this summer. I pulled him off the cows 2 weeks ago and turned him on some real good grass. I think I have a buyer for him a commercial guy who wants a reliable heifer bull. He bought one of his sons this spring and really likes him.

100_0111.JPG

100_0112.JPG

A recent pic of his dtr that I loaned to the little girl for a 4H project. We AI'd her to the Angus bull Iron Mountain. If she throws a bull calf I will trade her a heifer for it. If she throws a heifer she will keep it for herself.
IMG_4186.JPG

Looks like old Houdini made you some nice heifers. Did you keep many from him?

Isomade":1nutm13u said:

Yes I did. This years full sister to the show heifer almost died this week. she fell into a ditch over her head. Had to be lifted out with the loader. she is still stoved up.

I like the bull, he has plenty of meat on the forequarter, makes him look very powerfull. The heifer too looks great. Your scenery is spectacular, those mountains look awsome.
Ken

Maybe you hsould ship him to germany so he can breed the runaway cow.

robert":33mzgpp0 said:
love that heifer, she's a dandy!

Thanks Robert. She has turned into a real good animal for Mayelyne. We turned her out with 50 cows and calves after we AI'd her so that if we missed the bull could do his job. Madelyne came out every other day and would walk out in a 60 acre pasture and call her to give her some grain and she would leave the herd and come like a puppy. I am really looking forward to seeing that calf out of Iron Mountain, and it should PAP well with him being related to the Right Time bull.

I will post a picture of her mother some day. She is comiong real close to looking like the ideal cow for me.

3way, that bull looks good as does the heifer. I'm glad everything is continuing to work out, its a really good thing your doing. Is the red bull in the first picture to the left the same bull from an earlier post that didn't PAP well? How is he doing?

3waycross":2d6ysccf said:
Isomade":2d6ysccf said:

Yes I did. This years full sister to the show heifer almost died this week. she fell into a ditch over her head. Had to be lifted out with the loader. she is still stoved up.

Yikes ,hope she recovers 3way . Nice bull btw, really like that heifer a lot too. :D

CPL":iu0mgcdd said:
3way, that bull looks good as does the heifer. I'm glad everything is continuing to work out, its a really good thing your doing. Is the red bull in the first picture to the left the same bull from an earlier post that didn't PAP well? How is he doing?

Yes that's him. I am going to PAP him again in Oct. Will most likely haul him to Missouri and sell him back there. He looks great after a summer on grass. Not fat but real solid. He should make someone a great bull for their fall calvers.

3waycross":xr8n5zm9 said:
CPL":xr8n5zm9 said:

Yes that's him. I am going to PAP him again in Oct. Will most likely haul him to Missouri and sell him back there. He looks great after a summer on grass. Not fat but real solid. He should make someone a great bull for their fall calvers.
Gonna unload him on some poor fescue feeder in missouri?

dun":2z7buswk said:
3waycross":2z7buswk said:
CPL":2z7buswk said:

Gonna unload him on some poor fescue feeder in missouri?

Dun I am gonna sell him where he can work at an Altitude that won't kill him. I have contracted with someone in Missouri to sell him and I made sure to tell him that I don't have a clue how the bull will do on fescue. That a good enuf explanation for you. The outfit that is going to sell him for me sells a lot of bulls in Kansas where they don't feed fescue. It was discussed that Kansas might be a good place to find him a home, especially since he was born there.
BTW this is him in June when I turned him out
101_0074.JPG

LazyARanch":65ejezvh said:
Huh....

he probably would have LOVED NW Minnesota....

(the black bull) ;-)

The RED bull might still love it. He already knows a whole bunch of Ole and Lena stories.

3waycross":23zit2jp said:
LazyARanch":23zit2jp said:
Huh....

he probably would have LOVED NW Minnesota....

(the black bull) ;-)

The RED bull might still love it. He already knows a whole bunch of Ole and Lena stories.

:lol:

He sure reminds me of my Final Score , love that deep rich red color .

Latest posts