• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Feltons Mo 612

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Anyone use him or know anything about him? I was looking last night for semen on hereford bulls and he came up.

I have two cows with some feltons blood in them ( 517) and was wondering what everyone else thought of him or the felton line.

Aaron

Reaction score
There is a Felton's bull for everything. We used 517 and, to a lesser extent, 532. No bull would improve udder and teat strength, fertility and femininity like 517 did. 532 was a good choice to moderate size and improve fleshing ability. Both had great feet as well. :cowboy:

CPL

Reaction score
I see the felton cattle as very useful. I think there is definitely a place for them in the pedigrees of modern day herefords. Eye set and pigment can be a problem though. Here is a quick picture I found of him from a google search http://www.ramersherefords.com/i/p-mo-4.jpg . There's nothing that really stands out in my mind, he just looks like a really well put together bull. A little more heart girth on him wouldn't hurt. I think herfnet is re-updating again so I cant see more information on him at the moment. Are you thinking of using him?

buymorebulls

Reaction score
John Ramer has recently sold his entire cow herd to Jerry Huth. He is looking for a home for the Feltons Mo bull. If you are interested, you can contact him at 608 843-8789

HerefordSire

Reaction score
buymorebulls":fcxza7fv said:
John Ramer has recently sold his entire cow herd to Jerry Huth. He is looking for a home for the Feltons Mo bull. If you are interested, you can contact him at 608 843-8789

What do you think MO is worth?

HerefordSire

Reaction score
greenwillowhereford II":skodungo said:
A very nice bull IMO. I'd use him. This Feltons appears to have 100% pigment at least on the left eye!

You mean to tell me you would use a "4 star tenderness gene" bull? :mrgreen:

greenwillowhereford II

Reaction score
HerefordSire":mc5r4e4i said:
greenwillowhereford II":mc5r4e4i said:
A very nice bull IMO. I'd use him. This Feltons appears to have 100% pigment at least on the left eye!

That's better than a 1,2, or 3 star. Actually, I don't know that I noticed the DNA ranking. I do like the look of the bull, and I'm partial to some Feltons influence. This one seems to have at least the eye pigment deficiency solved. I would believe that a 4 star is enough to use a bull of this phenotype as a tool among other tools to achieve a total package end result.

HerefordSire

Reaction score
greenwillowhereford II":37u6g0ec said:
HerefordSire":37u6g0ec said:
greenwillowhereford II":37u6g0ec said:

That's better than a 1,2, or 3 star. Actually, I don't know that I noticed the DNA ranking. I do like the look of the bull, and I'm partial to some Feltons influence. This one seems to have at least the eye pigment deficiency solved. I would believe that a 4 star is enough to use a bull of this phenotype as a tool among other tools to achieve a total package end result.

The 4 star perception increases the value more than anything else I would consider. Have we determined the heredibility of tenderness genes? Maybe 30-40%?

Jovid

Reaction score
The 4 star perception increases the value more than anything else I would consider. Have we determined the heredibility of tenderness genes? Maybe 30-40%

If you know the # of stars for the cow and the bull then there is nothing to figure out. The laws of genetics do that for you. They are identifying specific genes and the # of copies of that gene that each animal has.

Latest posts