Feltons Domino 774

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
to 774 a bull of questionable Hereford heritage.

What part of the pedigree was in question? I have heard this lots of times just have never known.

P.M. if needed.

Since the EPDs are the same I would assume it's the same bull. I'm curious as to what the URT prefix stands for

JHH":3pfwud8i said:
to 774 a bull of questionable Hereford heritage.

What part of the pedigree was in question? I have heard this lots of times just have never known.

P.M. if needed.

774 traces back to Titan 23D (through FF Trident 315 showing in his 3 generation pedigree).

George

I have one of his daughters and she's just a good solid average cow. Small framed raises an average calf. His sons were all larger framed then she is.

The "URT" prefix probably means that he appears in international pedigrees. IE: a "new", "outcross" bull from some foreign country is imported into this country and he has some odd name, but when you search back through his pedigree you discover he descends from bulls from US herds that were exported to that country a few generations back and in that foreign bull's pedigree those US bred bulls have a foreign registration number with a foreign prefix..ie: "URT".

The AHA Fall 2009 EPD analysis is the first Pan-American Cattle Evaluation (PACE). Pedigrees and performance data are included from animals in the Hereford population in North & South America (Argentina, Canada, United States & Uruguay). Previously, EPD's only included Canadadian & US populations.

That is the reason you will find animals with the same name and different reg#'s. They are the same animal.

There is a "what if" pull down choice for animals published in the Uruguay sire summary. You will find these animals with a reg# that starts with "UR".

Latest posts