Feild overtaken by Doc

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
We have a small feild that doc has took over in choked the grass out.I wan't ro get rid of it and reseed planning on spraying it with 2-4-D how long will i have to wait till i can reseed?Are their something other then 2-4-D that would do a better job with less time to reseed?

rattler

rattler":2errd45h said:
We have a small feild that doc has took over in choked the grass out.I wan't ro get rid of it and reseed planning on spraying it with 2-4-D how long will i have to wait till i can reseed?Are their something other then 2-4-D that would do a better job with less time to reseed?

rattler

And "doc" is?

Please enlighten us illiterate peasants.

Thanks.

Bez>

Bez>":1ox7f0ey said:
And "doc" is?

Thanks.

Bez>

One of a huge family of broadleaf weeds such as Broadleaf & Curly dock.

dun

Bez>":jr9xoxi1 said:
rattler":jr9xoxi1 said:

rattler

And "doc" is?

Thanks.

Bez you are in no way illiterate i think that was my fault i diden't spell it right sorry it is as dun decribed it the darn stuff will take over in no time.
Thank you dun

rattler
Bez>

Spelling has nothing to do with it.

Until you sent the pic to me I had no idea what it was.

In fact it does not even grow in my area.

Sometimes folks tend to ask questions that are very specific to a region - either ignoring or forgetting that this board covers a lot of ground.

So I asked and you answered.

Thnx

Bez>

Bez>":3b18u6kx said:

Sometimes folks tend to ask questions that are very specific to a region - either ignoring or forgetting that this board covers a lot of ground.

Thnx

Bez>

You don;t have burdock in your neck of the woods? I thought that stuff grew every where

dun

dun":221ap4dr said:
Bez>":221ap4dr said:

Thnx

Bez>

You don;t have burdock in your neck of the woods? I thought that stuff grew every where

dun

Nope and I might add I have never seen it in the Peace River country either.

We do have our probs with other stuff though.

Bez>

The 2-4-D does a good job if you catch it before it starts going to seed. Seems after that, the seed heads continue to develop.

We have an Orchard grass/red clover/ Durana clover field that had a bit of Dock trying to make a show, so I hand sprayed each plant. Hopefully that will reduce the re-seeding. It took a while, but clean hay is worth it.
Chuckie

Thank's Chuckie it just started to seed.We went and sprayed it yesterday hopefully we got it all plan on reseeding with clover .

rattler

The field that I spot sprayed was more clover than grass. When I sprayed the 2,4-D, of course I did get some on the clover. I was surprised that it only burned the tips of the leaves on the clover that I sprayed. In a few weeks, you couldn't tell that I had sprayed the clover at all, since it regenerated new leaves.
When the hay was cut, I walked over the fresh cut hay and then rode through the windrows to see if I could find any seedhead that I missed. I found about 100 more plants. I could tell the Dock that I sprayed the second go round after the clover had reached a little over 2 feet.
The leaves had turned red and brown, but the heads still continued to develop. Hopefully I got them all and the population will be cut down drastically for next year.
Chuckie

Weed free hay is way up there on my list.

Latest posts