Rezilon by Bayer Crop Sciences

Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty Britches

Reaction score
I am getting ready to spray my pastures and I think I'm going to try Rezilon this year. My biggest weed concern is sandburs. (I am going to put out lime, too, to improve my ph in the soil.) With a couple of good freezes and record breaking 7" of snow I think I will only need a preemergent this year. Everything I've read about this herbicide looks really good.

Has anyone else used it? Anything I should consider when using it? Does it have any post-emergent control on other weeds?

Farmgirl

Reaction score
Well, I put it out on Saturday and added 2, 4-D Amine with it to kill the post emerged weeds. Let's hope I don't see any sand burs.
Does anyone know if Rezilon is effective against smuttgrass? The last I heard it wasn't known. Was still in the testing phase.

TIA
Farmgirl

OP
Dusty Britches

Dusty Britches

Reaction score
:) Yes, it seems early to me and when I asked I was told:
If you think it is early, you are on time.
If you think you are on time, you are late.
If you think you are late, keep your wallet shut and watch the sandburs grow.

We have to get it out by Feb 15 in our area. With rain being a hit or miss and needing the rain to wash it in, I went ahead with putting it out. I could have waited a few more weeks but that would have been cutting it a little close and again, not sure if La Nina has passed.

Latest posts