Feeding pot scrubbers to cows

Help Support CattleToday:

pbnewbie":3f3neulz said:
don't ya think that's just a little radical???

Nope - am sure there are others making their living farming have had the same thought at times. What we do is not appreciated or compensated for appropriately.

Every weirdo who has an inheritance or trust fund can buy some ground, buy a dozen cows, and tell us our business.

Eco crap this and eco crap that is fine until folks start losing their jobs.

Are you yourself a feeder or cow calf or what is your interest? I am not seeing those high corn prices. Do you have some numbers?

ALX.":2m3mt2c9 said:
pbnewbie":2m3mt2c9 said:
don't ya think that's just a little radical???

Nope - am sure there are others making their living farming have had the same thought at times. What we do is not appreciated or compensated for appropriately.

Every weirdo who has an inheritance or trust fund can buy some ground, buy a dozen cows, and tell us our business.

Eco crap this and eco crap that is fine until folks start losing their jobs.

Are you yourself a feeder or cow calf or what is your interest? I am not seeing those high corn prices. Do you have some numbers?

Corn prices are high, have been for months.

GMN

tuck":1eqiwha8 said:
I was wrong about it being in a post of yours it was in the link to your farm website.

Tuck, I don't know what PETA would say. I'm not into that cause and I'm not interested in telling others what to do. We all have our own motivations, and I respect other's right to do whatever they want. For me, we wanted to get food from a source where animals were more naturally raised and humanely slaughtered. But in the end, they will be slaughtered, so that's where I cross with PETA I suppose.

This isn't just about cattle. In my neck of the woods (Georgia), there are TONS of huge chicken houses, with at least 20,000 in each. Chickens get to live 6 weeks, never see sunshine and, by the end, can't usually stand up. Is that the fault of the farmer raising the chickens? No...s/he is just meeting the demand that is placed on the system by consumers who seem to not care where their food comes from, how it's raised or what it's fed as long as it's cheap. That's what prompted my post on the pot scrubbers...they don't care what they're fed. They also don't seem to care that cattle are often fed manure and in some cases aluminum foil wrapped chewing gum. Maybe not by you or others on this board, but in food lots...yes.

The food system will provide whatever the consumers want. We are hoping to reach consumers who want a more naturally raised product. We won't change the overall food system. We'll just provide an alternative for those who want it.

ALX.":21av7j8p said:
The problem is the nitwts who wanna put down other folks product to make theirs appear more attractive.

ALX - I totally agree with this part of your quote. We all have our opinions I suppose on "what's right". But what is right? In the end, we all do what we each think is right and shouldn't put down others. We should offer alternatives for those who want it.

lead dog-- more power to you raising natural

I am proud that I contribute to feeding the country cost effectively(although I do think they need to be paying more :) )
Its the reality that you need numbers to make a profit- unless you go for a niche.
Theres a huge downside for everyone going "natural"/niche-- there wouldn't be enough food let alone have it priced where the majority of the country could afford it.

Leave it to PETA and other weirdos to exaggerate and tear down commercial production(as in your last post). Until you and your comrades can feed the country- don't damage what can.

I too think that this country has gotten spoiled and soft- and we need a food shortage to refocus priorities. Too many people have too much time and money- and just use it to rile up trouble . Let them be broke and hungry and see if they care that their meat ate a friggin gum wrapper. Get real........

I too think that this country has gotten spoiled and soft- and we need a food shortage to refocus priorities. Too many people have too much time and money- and just use it to rile up trouble . Let them be broke and hungry and see if they care that their meat ate a friggin gum wrapper. Get real........

I usually hang out in the pasture and grasses board. I'm going back there. You guys are just toooo ugly.[/quote]

lead_dog":2jg0ezep said:
ALX - I totally agree with this part of your quote. We all have our opinions I suppose on "what's right". But what is right? In the end, we all do what we each think is right and shouldn't put down others. We should offer alternatives for those who want it.

No doubt farmers and ranchers will blindly jump on board the band wagon of this state-of-the-art solution to industrially producing the most economical and efficient beef patty known to man.

Yes we do lots of things blindly, us dull farmer types, without the wisdom of you entitled folks.

As long as that continues, feedlots, broiler houses, pigs in confinement and battery cages will continue.

Yessirree , lets get rid of those feedlots! Do you know what board you are on, or does your arrogance transcend common sense.

Boy, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Your web site says one thing, you say another in here.

You really do think we are stupid, or maybe being truthful is just a might more than you can handle at this point.

pbnewbie":25mtie73 said:
I usually hang out in the pasture and grasses board. I'm going back there. You guys are just toooo ugly.

Agreed pbnewbie. All it takes is a simple post to get these real nice folks to resort to name calling and irrational comments.

Wow--you are awful tender if you think that post was "ugly".

As far as name calling
I retain the right to call PETA and their idiot followers "names" They started first :shock:

None of my comments can be taken as irrational(maybe extreme)-- unless of course you were reading them from an irrational viewpoint to begin with.

I can only scratch my head after reading this article. How did someone ever think this thing up? "Lets put a pot scrubber in their stomach so we won't have to feed them so much roughage," that is one train of thought I wouldn't want to be on. I don't agree with it and it doesn't make any sense to me. That's just my opinion.

Latest posts