Feeding pot scrubbers to cows

Help Support CattleToday:

OMG... what is this world comming to?!?! Some people are so stupid and cheap they shouldn't be allowed to own any animals. Maybe somebody should put a pot scrubber in their stomach so they can know what it feels like.

I think that factory farms will do whatever it takes to extract every last penny of profit out of a cow.

It takes a sick puppy to treat cows this way.......

grannysoo":2d0p7r5k said:
I think that factory farms will do whatever it takes to extract every last penny of profit out of a cow.

And what pray tell is a factory farm?

Blatant attempt by some tree hugging, cattle ignorant, fools to promote their fairyland farm.

I wonder if the person who developed this solution gave any consideration to how the cow feels about this?

Maybe we should take a "cow poll" and see what they think about castration, AI, ET, dehorning, confinement....and especially CAB!!

:lol: :lol:

I have to agree with ALX. Most of us are raising beef not trying to live in some fairy land. On a previous post from this farm they quoted PETA to help their own argument, I think that kind of set the tone for me on what this was about.

Not advocating it But

get real............ the cow/calf would feel nothing.

dun":3322gx03 said:
grannysoo":3322gx03 said:

IMO a "Factory Farm" would be any of the following:

• Veal Calf Operation
    Pig/Hog (in cages) Operation
    Chicken Farm
    Puppy Mill
    Commercial Dairy
    Feedlot Operation

Basically, IMO, any type of livestock raising/management where they are housed in close quarters, fed a specialized ration, and not alloweda to Free-Range and live a "normal" animal life.

Running Arrow Bill":2l7863s5 said:

• Veal Calf Operation
    Chicken Farm
    Puppy Mill
    Commercial Dairy
    Feedlot Operation

Basically, IMO, any type of livestock raising/management where they are housed in close quarters, fed a specialized ration, and not alloweda to Free-Range and live a "normal" animal life.

How many human beings don't live a normal life Bill??

You put well run dairy and feedlot operations in the same category as puppy mills?

YOU are one messed up puppy.

I just read the article. Cows eat all kinds of stuff that isn't meant for them, anyway...but...I wonder what made the researcher think of this to try in the first place?

I used to edit an agricultural journal. I would get articles submitted that made me scratch my head in amazement. I didn't doubt the research or conclusions, I just couldn't understand what made the author think of it to study in the first place...and WHY?

Alice

Alice":12363gaj said:
I used to edit an agricultural journal. I would get articles submitted that made me scratch my head in amazement. I didn't doubt the research or conclusions, I just couldn't understand what made the author think of it to study in the first place...and WHY?

Alice

Kind of like the first time someone said "I'm going to eat the first thing that comes out of that chickens butt!"

dun":25imiwgm said:
Alice":25imiwgm said:

Alice

Kind of like the first time someone said "I'm going to eat the first thing that comes out of that chickens butt!"

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!! Oh, that's funny!

Alice

tuck":q4ke5rje said:
I have to agree with ALX. Most of us are raising beef not trying to live in some fairy land. On a previous post from this farm they quoted PETA to help their own argument, I think that kind of set the tone for me on what this was about.

Tuck, I'm not sure what are you talking about? Who quoted PETA? What point were you trying to make?

My point is that cows do quite well on grass. Isn't that what they were made for before we (mankind) remade them to consume corn for the purpose of meeting our impatient needs for weight gain and efficiency? They certainly weren't designed to consume our waste (pot scrubbers). Just because "they can" doesn't mean "they should".

lead_dog":bhizumzg said:
tuck":bhizumzg said:

Tuck, I'm not sure what are you talking about? Who quoted PETA? What point were you trying to make?

My point is that cows do quite well on grass. Isn't that what they were made for before we (mankind) remade them to consume corn for the purpose of meeting our impatient needs for weight gain and efficiency? They certainly weren't designed to consume our waste (pot scrubbers). Just because "they can" doesn't mean "they should".
When did we (mankind) remake them?

Tod Dague":2qhgscoz said:
lead_dog":2qhgscoz said:
tuck":2qhgscoz said:

When did we (mankind) remake them?

Pre 20th century, when did cattle live in confinement in food lots eating grain?

I was wrong about it being in a post of yours it was in the link to your farm website. Your chicken video is from Peta, if Peta came to your farm what do think they would do after you told them that your cows roam free and have no unnatural enviroments and are just as happy as they can be along with all the other animals. After you tell them that explain how you are going to kill them, butcher them and then on top of that you hope to make a little money off on their deaths.
I do not want to see any animal abused or mistreated but I don't need someone telling me how much holier they are than me because their cows eat grass that chickens take a crap in.

I do not want to see any animal abused or mistreated but I don't need someone telling me how much holier they are than me because their cows eat grass that chickens take a crap in.

Wow - grass fed is really ruffling some feathers. It's a growing market. People are very concerned about what they are eating and want to see healthy animals come from healthy, natural environments.

Running Arrow Bill":4f35if50 said:
dun":4f35if50 said:
grannysoo":4f35if50 said:

• Veal Calf Operation
    Chicken Farm
    Puppy Mill
    Commercial Dairy
    Feedlot Operation

I think a factory farm is something totally different. It is Dairy operation which runs full time milking, employees alot of people, some illegals, has thousands of cows, when they develop problems they are gone, usual life expantancy of a dairy cow at these places is one lactation. Most of these places are owned by wealthy business men who have never been around any animals, they supply the bucks, and in return get a tax write off. These types of farms are the ones which effect the milk prices, and make the dairy industry look bad.

GMN

pbnewbie":1zqz9igz said:
Wow - grass fed is really ruffling some feathers. It's a growing market. People are very concerned about what they are eating and want to see healthy animals come from healthy, natural environments.

I don't think anyone has a problem with grass fed, if I get the same price for something raised on grass - no problem. I grow lots of grass. ( My family and friends will still be eating corn/barley finished cattle ).

The problem is the nitwts who wanna put down other folks product to make theirs appear more attractive.

People are being deceived and lead down a path that serves the animal rights criminals and the eco terrorists.

North America needs a food shortage, maybe a little starvation.

North America needs a food shortage, maybe a little starvation.

don't ya think that's just a little radical??? The price of corn is going through the roof, which has got to affect the price of beef. So we finish beef off on grass. What's the big deal?

Latest posts