feeding hay

Help Support CattleToday:

went an got 10 protine tubbs yesterday.put out 6 of them.hoping the 6 will last close to a month.

bimdale":mnez4lgt said:
trying to use up our hay that was stored outside before we use our good stuff in the barn.. wondering what if any the effects of the white mold on our 4 x 4's have on the beefers??? it goes in about 6 inches on the outside...
Always heard white mold was not harmful......i've never had a problem with it.

Started feed the 14 fall cows Nov 15, feeding 3 bales a week. Been lucky it's been so warm.
Feed hay year round though in the feed lot, about 1 bale every week and half right now with 8 head.

TexasBred":2c1tr5jq said:
bigbull338":2c1tr5jq said:
I'd put'em all out. Won't increase consumption and will allow more opportunity for all.

About the tubs. In our case I think that the tubs last longer when there are more than one or two. The piggy cows seem to eat more to keep the others away. I know that the tubs are self limiting on intake, but some cows don't seem to care. They don't want any others to have any. We have one that will just stand next to it and good luck to the others getting any.

yall are going to get a kick out of this.my brother got the bright idea to flipp the tubbs upside down for awhile so the cows couldnt eat them.he has those wild ideas.

bigbull338":2jp38cwu said:
yall are going to get a kick out of this.my brother got the bright idea to flipp the tubbs upside down for awhile so the cows couldnt eat them.he has those wild ideas.

:???:

Latest posts