Feed Pad

Help Support CattleToday:

I have one pad that only fits 2 rings, and one for 4 rings (different groups of cows). I put one wooden post on the cow side of the fence (fence attached) and I put a post about 1.5 - 2" inside the lot snug against the ring on each side. So there are 3 posts that the ring is snubbed up against. I did that so the cows don't push the ring into the electric fence. Some did not get strapped to the side posts, and the cattle have moved them away a little and right now with frozen hay, manure, I cannot move the feeder. It is only moved about 12", but they should be secured on each side post - works better. I will try to get a picture when I'm out today. The gravel pad actually extends 3 feet on "my" side of the fence, so the front tires don't fall into "never never land".
I have a 3rd pad that has 2 feeders side/by/side that divides two lots. Cattle feed from both sides. Gravel pad area is divided with steel panels on both sides of the feeders. Really a mess right now. Hasn't thawed enough to clean yet this winter so it is built up around feeders. Still works great.

Thanks. We have heavy soil here and in a wet spring it can get ugly.

Looks a little simple construction. I have a lot of rings, and like fabric plus gravel pads.

I actually have a feeding barn. My herd has outgrown it. I stopped using it a long time ago though. The mess around it, ended up worse than the mess I was trying to avoid.

took this today, took them off it today. no pasture damage. no waste.

0lwVPc.jpg

went into here. the way i do not like to feed, but its the best way IMO if not unrolling on a field.

4rPRIj.jpg

MxnWCF.jpg

ddd75":33vz02k9 said:
took this today, took them off it today. no pasture damage. no waste.

0lwVPc.jpg

went into here. the way i do not like to feed, but its the best way IMO if not unrolling on a field.

4rPRIj.jpg

MxnWCF.jpg
Your cows look good. Good to see you got the barn finished and great design!

Latest posts